Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bogus data for first hour
Bogus data for first hour
Friday night's data shows all the graphs and data to be in massive negative numbers from 11:05 pm (bedtime) to about 1:15 am. Thereafter the data looks like a normal night for me.

I also note that the Statistics (in the left side of the screenshot below) show all kinds of data that the machine does not ordinarily report, or at least, Sleepyhead has never displayed before - like SP02, among others.

Sometimes the S9 Autoset gets stuck, like if I ever have a zero AHI night it will report zero every night thereafter until I unplug the machine and plug it back in again. But this time whatever went wrong seems to have corrected itself. I've never heard of this particular glitch from anyone else here before.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bogus data for first hour
That should have made a really loud sucking noise. Did you happen to notice anything missing Saturday morning? Like your tonsils for instance?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 10:27 AM)retired_guy Wrote: That should have made a really loud sucking noise. Did you happen to notice anything missing Saturday morning? Like your tonsils for instance?

The tonsils disappeared during my sixth year, but everything else seems OK. Too-funny

I should have added that the additional channels for this night that I have never seen before or since were Pulse Rate and SpO2. I assume Pulse Rate refers to my breathing rate and not heart rate. And as for SpO2, I don't have any equipment other than the S9 Autoset, so I don't know where that data might have come from. Maybe part of the glitch is that the machine thought I had a pulse oximeter. Or maybe the glitch is in SleepyHead, not the machine. Are these two additional channels things that you'd see if you have a pulse oximeter?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 11:08 AM)JJJ Wrote: I should have added that the additional channels for this night that I have never seen before or since were Pulse Rate and SpO2. I assume Pulse Rate refers to my breathing rate and not heart rate. And as for SpO2, I don't have any equipment other than the S9 Autoset, so I don't know where that data might have come from. Maybe part of the glitch is that the machine thought I had a pulse oximeter. Or maybe the glitch is in SleepyHead, not the machine. Are these two additional channels things that you'd see if you have a pulse oximeter?

Hi JJJ,

Yes, pulse rate and saturation percentage of oxygen (SpO2) would be recorded by a Pulse Oximeter, and perhaps SleepyHead mis-imported the data.

Perhaps you can delete that day from SH and try re-downloading into SH.

Since you have a ResMed machine, ResScan can be used to check whether it was the machine (unlikely, I think) or a SleepyHead thing.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 11:08 AM)JJJ Wrote: I should have added that the additional channels for this night that I have never seen before or since were Pulse Rate and SpO2.

the s9 series allows for the connection of an outrageously expensive pulse/ox monitor, and so stores data for those on the card, so, yes, the chart is for your heart rate (pulse) not your breathing rate, which is never called 'pulse'.

something got confused somewhere, whether it was SH getting crazy, messed up data on the card, or your machine acting weird...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 12:52 PM)vsheline Wrote: Yes, pulse rate and saturation percentage of oxygen (SpO2) would be recorded by a Pulse Oximeter, and perhaps SleepyHead mis-imported the data.
Perhaps you can delete that day from SH and try re-downloading into SH.
Since you have a ResMed machine, ResScan can be used to check whether it was the machine (unlikely, I think) or a SleepyHead thing.

Thanks for the information.

I don't have any computers with Windows, so ResScan is not a possibility. But I did try your suggestion to re-import the data into SleepyHead. Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference. But fortunately it's not a big deal, just something really weird that I wanted to report in case it ever happens to anyone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I went to bed last night I pulled the SD card out of the computer and inserted it into the S9 Autoset. Normally when I do this the screen lights up and displays "reading SD card" for a long time, then goes back to its normal display. But last night I got nada. I reinserted the SD card several times, but the machine did not recognize it.

After many mutterings of <expletive deleted>, I gave up. I was highly annoyed, because this had happened to me many months previously with my PRS1. In the case of the PRS1 it turned out to be a defective card reader, which some months later I was able to repair, so the PRS1 now sits in the closet as my backup machine. Hence I was very worried that the card reader in the S9 Autoset had failed.

As a first line of attack on the problem I took the SD card back to the computer, where it mounted and displayed its files perfectly. For the heck of it I decided to rename one of the files on the card by appending .old. Then I took the card back to the bedroom and inserted it into the S9 Autoset again. And voilà! The machine's screen came to life! Yay!

But this time the screen said the card was defective and did I want to reformat it. Since I knew SleepyHead had already saved its most recent data to the hard drive in the computer, I let the machine reformat the card. After a long time it finished, and I proceeded to go to bed.

When I got up this morning I put the card into the computer and it worked as always. I do not know if the failure to read the card the first time was related to the bogus data, but it seems like a strong possibility.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 148 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Events per hour Trouthead 3 288 02-02-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour. ekirtz 49 4,205 01-07-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Waking up every hour newtothis1 15 981 12-31-2023, 04:01 PM
Last Post: newtothis1
  High Apnea events per hour Johnjr 5 556 11-30-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Waking up at 1 hour mark Brucpap 3 649 04-09-2023, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Brucpap
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,683 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.