Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea Data from Oximeter
Sleep Apnea Data from Oximeter
Hi everyone,

We are a group of university students who are doing a course in Biomedical Computing. For this course we are required to make an app for a biomedical purpose. So we decided to do it as a way to show and analyze data that had been retrieved from an oximeter.

We have recently ordered an oximeter so that we can integrate it with our app. However until we receive it we do not have any data to analyze, and it would be especially helpful to have data from someone that has sleep apnea.

If it is possible for someone to send us files of data they have gotten from using an oximeter it would be extremely helpful! As well as any tips on what we should look for in the data it would be great!

Thanks for your time!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Apnea Data from Oximeter
Hi, MCFAD, and welcome to our forum!

I've noticed that when I have an apnea event my oxygen levels will drop below 88% with a corresponding increase in heart rate. When we stop breathing while we are sleeping our "flight or fight" system kicks in. Kind of like being strangled - oxygen level goes down, heart rate goes up.

Stick around, I'm sure someone with more useful information than I have, will soon respond to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MCFAD,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Love to help ya guys, but the one I have I never was able to get it to work right, plus I hate having something clamped to the end of my finger while I sleep (need drugs for that!) so mine is packed away in some box somewhere from our move last year. I may never see it again! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Did this app ever get written?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,219 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 291 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.