Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new full face mask
new full face mask
any one try the new ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face CPAP mask?

Is it any good? Is it better than the F30?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new full face mask
I'm dying to know too!
The only leaks I experience since using the F30 are hose 'tug' based. I'm really hoping this design eliminates that, while maintaining the great fit of the F30.
They don't seem to be available in any of the Australian online stores yet, is that right?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious too (my poor nose!) but I already feel that the ResMed masks are too small for my face. I'm not sure if I want to blow $150 to find that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, it maintains seal better than the F30. I’ve only had it a few nights, and primarily use the N30 or N30i, but I’ve had issues with leaks with the F20 and F30 so thought I’d give this a shot. Like I said, it is definitely easier for me to maintain a decent seal with this than the other 2 FFM I mentioned.

The lousy thing is you have to buy the whole mask for the F30i as the end where the cushion attaches is different than the frame connector for the N30i (P30i as well).

Also, I don’t think they have a fit pack, but the frame size and cushion size seem to be consistent with the sizing for the N30i frame and cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2020, 06:32 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: For me, it maintains seal better than the F30. I’ve only had it a few nights, and primarily use the N30 or N30i, but I’ve had issues with leaks with the F20 and F30 so thought I’d give this a shot. Like I said, it is definitely easier for me to maintain a decent seal with this than the other 2 FFM I mentioned.

The lousy thing is you have to buy the whole mask for the F30i as the end where the cushion attaches is different than the frame connector for the N30i (P30i as well).

Also, I don’t think they have a fit pack, but the frame size and cushion size seem to be consistent with the sizing for the N30i frame and cushion.

What about medium size in the F30 mask, is that pretty much the same size for the F30i too?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the medium F30 and F30i cushions seem to be the same size.

I bought the small frame and this seems to be the same size as the N30i small frame. Unfortunately, the small frame for the F30i only includes the small cushion, so I had to purchase the medium cushion separately, (but I knew that cushion would be the right size since that is what I used for the F30).
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to CPAP therapy (its been about 4 weeks) and this is the second mask they have given me to try. I don't care for it. I have a hard time breathing through my nose and the seal breaks constantly throughout the night. I didn't do well with the first FFM either, so maybe it is just taking some time to get used to it. The magnetic clips are nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
that was my situation as well with the first gen (F30)mask- I stopped using it and went back to the oval full face(F20).

I was just hoping the new gen mask was better.

I am going to try it and will let you know
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the dreamwear nasal mask and always experienced major leaks. Any body in the same boat with better experience with the F30i?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 04:37 PM)Nightynite Wrote: I have been using the dreamwear nasal mask and always experienced major leaks. Any body in the same boat with better experience with the F30i?

What works for me might not work for you we are all different especially with masks. I have not used or tried any if the new F30i masks I like minimal gear and now use and love the Bleep sleep mask and I taught my self not to mouth breath generally
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,597 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.