Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new here: hoping to help others and myself
RE: new here: hoping to help others and myself
Just got back from my doctors appointment. I've been feeling very sick lately so I made this appointment. My pusle ox was 87 at the office. She did an abg and my carbon dioxide levels were very high. My pH level wasn't good either but stable though.

I've got a 24/7 nurse at home now with oxygen from a non rebreather mask. I've been ordered to stop cpap treatment for now. This complexly sucks right now. I can't even leave the house or do anything beyond reading, watching TV etc. I'm still waiting for the other blood work results to come back today.

At least I have tons of shows on my DVR to watch.Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Multi, you take care of you now, ok?

I hope the DVD's are interesting, but perhaps not too exciting? On the other hand, I hope your 24/7 nurse is very exciting, if not also interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new hehoping to help others and myself
(03-27-2015, 11:11 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Hey Multi, you take care of you now, ok?

I hope the DVD's are interesting, but perhaps not too exciting? On the other hand, I hope your 24/7 nurse is very exciting, if not also interesting.

He's very nice and we've just been watching baseball mostly. The pouring rain isn't helping my mood much though. At least my nurse is trying to keep my spirits up. I'm pretty much just nodding off all the time and waking up from the blood pressure checks.

Overall I'm okay and I'm hoping this all gets sorted out soon. Thanks for all the support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well my blood work came back and it's not that good. The official DX is moderate electrolyte derangement. I now have a feeding tube in place and will have a nurse at home for at least three days.

This was not what I was hoping for and quite honestly I'm a bit depressed right now. I've got time now so I'll try and help out others here. Just a heads up but I know nothing about nasal masks nor the special pillows which have been most of the posts here lately.

Everybody have a great weekend and TGIF!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi multime,
I hope you get to feelin' better very soon, take care of yourself.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.. Time to cheer up Multi.

How about a little song?

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.

Oh, yes I can make it now the pain is gone.
All of the bad feelings have disappeared.
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for.

(ooh...) Look all around, there's nothing but blue skies.
Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies.

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for.
It's going to be a bright (bright)
Yeah, hey, it's gonna be a bright (bright) bright (bright)
sunshiny day.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for cheering me up. I'm amazed at how much better I feel after the meds and several hours sleep. I've got a new nurse tonight and she said my blood pressure has improved (went up) and that my color has improved.

Sometimes I'm so used to feeling bad that I truly don't recognize when I do get sick enough to need medical attention. I didn't think I was this sick.

My sleep schedule is really messed up now.Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Multime,
Glad your feeling better.
retired-guy has a way of cheering people up! I always get a smile, sometimes a laugh out of his posts. Smile
You'll get a lot of good advice and support here.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi multime,
Glad you are feeling better.
Thanks R_G for the cheer up song.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm feeling much better today after sleeping almost 16 hours. The morning nurse didn't even wake me up because he knew that I met him. He was shocked I needed a feeding tube and cardiac monitor though.

Because I'm not improving as well as expected they have scheduled me for a central line in outpatient surgery at 8am Sunday morning. The reason being my sudden drops in blood pressure and respiratory rate. The nurse said they had to increase my end Fidel co2 whatever that is. Last night they were very close to having to intubate me.

Whatever is going on the doctors are baffled. My nurse told me if this happens again tonight they will be admitting me to the ICU. I'm praying things go well tonight and this was just a fluke event. I'm feeling better so this isn't that much of a stretch to think last night was a fluke.

Now for those college and pro sports fans like myself enjoy the rest of the weekend enjoying the games.[/align]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 276 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,015 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 456 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad [CPAP] Hoping to figure out what is going wrong...Please help! (Data provided) Hopingforachange 0 332 06-01-2023, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Hopingforachange
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 776 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  4 Month User hoping to optimize treatment maxcamac11 1 500 12-03-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: factor
  New To CPAP, hoping to get some help reading this chart JayH 8 731 09-30-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: clownbell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.