Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new here. looking to learn.
new here. looking to learn.
Hi, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea last year, so still relatively new to all this. I found this site, because I am the type of guy that likes to fix my own stuff. My insurance doesn't really pay anything towards my supplies, or my machine. So If I can find out to help myself safely. I want to be able to do so.
I'm glad I found this forum, so far I've found alot of wisdom to help out a newbie to the CPAP world.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new here. looking to learn.
Hi BarryB,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You will learn a lot on this board and there are lots of great people here to help.
Feel free to ask questions and happy reading the many posts here.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2013, 08:56 PM)BarryB Wrote: Hi, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea last year, so still relatively new to all this. I found this site, because I am the type of guy that likes to fix my own stuff. My insurance doesn't really pay anything towards my supplies, or my machine. So If I can find out to help myself safely. I want to be able to do so.
I'm glad I found this forum, so far I've found a lot of wisdom to help out a newbie to the CPAP world.

Welcome

And don't be afraid to ask questions!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Barry,

Welcome

If you want to be involved more in your own therapy, there is SleepyHead software that will work in analyzing the data your machine generates on you every night.

With those tools you'll be able to be much more effective in your own treatment.

Cheers!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

You can also utilize the ResScan software, available HERE to assist you with seeing how well your machine is working for you.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 17 1,816 12-15-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 501 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Trying to learn what OSCAR data means and I need help understanding my flow limits emmylouwho 13 1,642 04-21-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  Does one learn not to open mouth with a Nasal mask? BobH56 7 1,256 09-22-2022, 02:38 PM
Last Post: BobH56
  Just out of curiosity -- do people eventually learn to love CPAP? desaturator 41 2,821 01-10-2022, 04:03 AM
Last Post: desaturator
  How important is having a CPAP professional ? Is it impossible to learn CPAP without AliceF 17 2,951 11-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
Question Review first night values so I can learn to interpret my own data willo 7 1,582 11-14-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.