Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interesting phone call
RE: Interesting phone call
Bariatric surgery doesn't often lessen apnoea by a lot - the method of weight loss is too rapid for the throat to "catch-up" and what is generally lost is visceral fat around the abdomen and back rather than overall subcutaneous fat. You would have to wait at least three years to see any change in your facial and throat areas, as the skin finally tightens and takes up as much slack as it can. After that, surgery to remove the excess skin is often undertaken. More recently, there has been injections of the same hormones new mothers develop it return elasticity to their skin and draw it in after the baby has "bumped" it out.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it quite funny how a topic about a phone call can quickly turn out telling about Mommy's bumped out belly.
Laugh-a-lotDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2013, 05:57 PM)Bompa Wrote: I think it quite funny how a topic about a phone call can quickly turn out telling about Mommy's bumped out belly.
Laugh-a-lotDielaughing

Like we've never gone off-topic before... BigwinkToo-funny

Anyways.... glad you got the titration, Bompa. Did you find out anything new? Inquiring minds want to know. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2013, 01:59 PM)archangle Wrote: Unless you're having problems, there's very little reason to do another sleep test for many years. Especially since you have an S9 machine that gives you sort of a sleep test every night.

All you have to do is send in the SD card, and they can check your therapy and even adjust your pressure without ever seeing you or your machine. Or put a cellular modem on the back of the machine, and check and adjust it remotely.

They're just ringing the cash register on you. Since you're in Canada, maybe you won't get billed, but it's a waste of taxpayer money unless you have a reason to do it.

However, a properly done re-titration study is probably somewhat beneficial, it's just not that necessary or cost effective.

The other risk is that they end up changing something and making things worse.

There's no need to have them read the SD card from an S9, as long as there is no ESCAPE in the machine name you can tell your machine to record all of the details and then read it yourself on your own PC. Resmed software is available on the web, and SleepyHead is open source code that can give you all the graphs you need. I use both because that's the way I am.

Reviewing your own data every few days can help you treat yourself. The more you learn the better off you are.

Post Reply Post Reply

Like we've never gone off-topic before... BigwinkToo-funny

Anyways.... glad you got the titration, Bompa. Did you find out anything new? Inquiring minds want to know. Thinking-about
[/quote]

Nothing new and no changes. I honestly fell it was just another money grab to invoice OHIP. In the future if I'm asked to do it again ,unless I fell it's necessary, I won't do it.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bompa,
Glad you made it through the titration and that things stay the same for ya.
That's kind of a bummer that you had to do that again, seems like much adue about nothing, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An interesting-ish video about mouth taping PaulaO2 0 364 01-08-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  AHI Help - First call to help muhaddib 5 442 12-02-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: muhaddib
  [Pressure] Call this good, or keep going? SleepingFish 21 1,840 03-22-2023, 07:42 AM
Last Post: SleepingFish
  DS2 won't phone home Texas Mark 2 551 06-22-2022, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Texas Mark
  [CPAP] Getting ready to call it quits jerryrw 34 2,270 03-10-2022, 01:14 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Call for Soft Collar Reviews Sleeprider 3 1,140 06-23-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  Interesting mask fit news from Phillips Gooserider 5 1,302 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.