Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new hoseless cpap promised
new hoseless cpap promised
Supposedly there is a new hoseless cpap design, all self-contained in a nasal pillow, called "Airing" seeking crowdfunding in June on Indiegogo.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new hoseless cpap promised
(05-22-2015, 09:13 PM)elron Wrote: Supposedly there is a new hoseless cpap design, all self-contained in a nasal pillow, called "Airing" seeking crowdfunding in June on Indiegogo.
I've seen info about it and it really is more of a non-product than a real product. I think the hype is more about getting people interested so they help fund it.
  • They don't have FDA approval. That can be a major stumbling block that they may never overcome.
  • Crowdfunding something like that is not guaranteed it will ever get to market.
  • The source of power is not well defined and questionable.
  • The unit is supposed to be "disposable" which seems a bit sketchy and implies that it is not designed to last long.
  • And it looks to be a basic CPAP, without support for more complicated functions (Auto, Bilevel etc).

I'd wait until it is an actual approved shipping product before putting much hope in it.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm picturing a miniature air pump in each nostril! Bad if you sneezed! Oh dear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 09:13 PM)elron Wrote: Supposedly there is a new hoseless cpap design, all self-contained in a nasal pillow, called "Airing" seeking crowdfunding in June on Indiegogo.

I couldn't find it on indiegogo.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 11:01 PM)JJJ Wrote:

I couldn't find it on indiegogo.
It is not June yet.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/2015/05/di...one-ounce/

Some interesting ideas, but I think it's a long way from being something that will actually work and be easily available.

I'm particularly skeptical about the battery life.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
there's an app for that
Post Reply Post Reply
Found a link to it via Facebook. Pft. Thing is way too small in the concept images to even be real. They're getting people's hopes up just to bring in funding. While maybe they can get an airpump that small, no way they can get a battery that small, that lightweight, that efficient to last all night.

No humidifier.
Nasal pillow only so you'd have to use a chin strap unless they mount it to a nasal mask or FFM.
Any data it stored would have to be via bluetooth. Even a microSD would need a writer/reader attached to your nose.

Google FundAiring
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks cool, but can a tiny battery run "hundreds of micro blowers"?
Post Reply Post Reply
I took a look at that thing and I cannot conceive how it would generate enough flow to work. How do they get "hundreds of micro blowers" in there to move that much air?

Was this announcement released on 01 APR by any chance? Or will it maybe come with a pint of Dr. MacGillicutty's Miracle Molasses which is abaolutely guaranteed to cure every ailment under the sun, including BO?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.