Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new hoseless cpap promised
RE: Airing: Brand New Micro CPAP Product
It would be great if this thing actually worked! I'd be willing to try it - right after Medicare and my insurance company accepted it as a legitimate product for treating OSA - which I suspect will occur on a cold day in a very hot place! oldman
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new hoseless cpap promised
Just received this in an email today.

http://www.fundairing.com/journal/2015/4...pap-device

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2015, 10:26 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 08:11 AM)AirSign Wrote: Can someone explain what is a "micro fluidic pump"?

It is an offshoot technology that was rouglhy based on the same premise of the quantum encapulator, but pico rib scaled and working on a sine gradient that is 180 degrees out of harmony with the Marquardht vane's internal repose mode.

OMMOHY

Not "Vaporware", but the attached picture of a device.
I wish scamers would quit trying to "Blow smoke up my ass (er Bum)"

RAH

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I skimmed the article on this new device. One apparent limitation, among many others such as power supply, battery life, auto adjustable pressures, etc...would be the inability to track and report data as conventional xpap machines do. That daily feedback, besides just anecdotally feeling better, is what keeps us motivated.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2015, 12:15 PM)sonicboom Wrote: I skimmed the article on this new device. One apparent limitation, among many others such as power supply, battery life, auto adjustable pressures, etc...would be the inability to track and report data as conventional xpap machines do. That daily feedback, besides just anecdotally feeling better, is what keeps us motivated.
It uses a belief system. You believe it is working and thus it is so...
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
If this thing came to market I would LOVE to try it. Not as a daily use item perhaps (lack of monitoring is troubling) but for traveling, power outages and other unique situation this could be a great addition to the OSA treatment arsenal. Glass half full and all... Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
ml
(05-25-2015, 03:44 PM)2PAPs Wrote: Fraud. Start with no website. They want your information, but won't give you theirs. They want crowd funding instead of venture capital. There are no patents or patent pending. Quite unusual for an inventor. The doctor is an internist without any distinguish awards. No Board Certified Sleep Medicine Doctor. You really think they can make something that small with fan and battery? If it's too good to be true, it is.
It's a scam......they want money....thats all.....look at it....there's no way that thing will fly.....lol

It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Folks,

Here's the science behind the proposal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

Yes, I'm a pessimist.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly there are all too many scams growing on these crowdfunding sites. It's a shame they are poisoning the well. I would definitely get out my wallet for a sufficiently convincing improvement to CPAP technology but there doesn't seem to be much to this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airing: Brand New Micro CPAP Product
(05-31-2015, 10:43 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Good catch, Lazer...

The fact that they said their product can produce "in excess of 20 PSI" is proof that they don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

20 PSI is roughly 1406 cmH2O of CPAP pressure.

You'll blow your nose off, kid. Too-funny Dielaughing

Once installed, it latches to your face and you must wire them further money in order to not activate the 20 PSI feature.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.