Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new machine... numbers increase
new machine... numbers increase
First of all, hello everybody,

I am new to this board; I have been on CPAP for ~5 and was using the ResMed AirSense 10 (had an average AHI of 2-3), which stopped working and I needed to get a new machine in December; my doctor recommended the DreamStation and that's what I got; it worked almost the same with numbers; three months later (about a month ago) numbers started fluctuation ranging from 3 - 8.5 and I don't know understand why, I have tried modifying settings, sleep postures, and more with no result.
My Sleep study suggested 11 of Pressure but I have been successful using 9 for the last few years. 
my Exhalation setting is 2.
the main bulk of AHI is Hypopneas  (+ half of the score).
I would like to share my readings but the Dreammapper Apps provides so limited information and don't know how to transfer the data to my computer otherwise...

Can someone recommend a different App, or advise how to transfer data into my computer so I can post it please?

Thanks for your attention and help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new machine... numbers increase
Welcome to the board - there are many people who can help on this site but we need to see what is going on. 

We use OSCAR to help evaluate. It is a free download at the top of the site. In fact everything is free. 

You need an adult card in your Cpap and a card reader on your computer.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I dunno, I think they're not manufacturing adult cards anymore. Smile

I'll translate for Stacey. An SD card needs placed in the slot on the PAP.

I'd say the doc with the DreamStation recommendation was misinformation a bit. Most users of ResMed get better results and recommend that brand. Most DME's and doctors recommend Respironics but have not used them. They care about compliance and showing a lower AHI than the diagnostic. But they do not factor in comfort or true overall success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 1morelia!  -  Welcome
Your current app, DreamMapper, doesn't provide the level of detail for a proper analysis of your problem.  Like Stacey said, in order to obtain the required detailed sleep information, you need to install and use OSCAR.   You may obtain OSCAR by clicking on its name here in the post, or on the OSCAR name in the title banner at the top of each page.    OSCAR will run on Linux, Mac and Windows platforms.   You will need a SD card that is between 2 and 32 GB in size and a SD card reader for your computer. The SD card is inserted in your CPAP and collect the data as you sleep. If you don't have an SD card, they are available online, locally from big box stores and pharmacies.   Any brand will work.

Also, look at the links in my signature to help in understand OSCAR and how to post your results here.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The response from ResMed algorithms is much more aggressive than that of Respironics. Thus your Dreamstation will likely require another 2cmw pressure to even think about approaching what the ResMed does.

To tweak any further we would need to see detailed charts from OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for all of your quick responses, I am downloading OSCAR now and will work to get the data to my computer and post here so try to get some help... so part of it issue is the equipment, it needs a bit more 'juice' than the previous ResMed; I will start by increasing from 9 to 10 and will see tonight... thanks again...
Post Reply Post Reply
One more quick thing... I was using sleepyhead several years ago... OSCAR imported the  data but I don't remember my password for it, how can I reset it, please?
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to your either SleepyHead_Data or OSCAR_Data file and enter the Profiles/Your Username.  Open the Profile.xml file and search for "password".

It is clear text and you illl be able to see the name you used.  If you wish to remove the password, delete every thing in between the tags, <Password type="QString"> and </Password>.  The line should look like this: <Password type="QString"></Password>.  If you edit this file, remember to save it before exiting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! with the OSCAR 1.2.0, I was able to open the app, pull the old sleepyhead data, go to File>Edit Profile, and disable the Password Protected File.. and that was it... I have changed my pressure to 10, turned off the Flex, and will test like that for a couple of days, then I will post the screen captures of the data... thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, I think I am ready to post some OSCAR data, what screen shots should I post so you guys can look at and try to help, please? 

thanks for your help...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 117 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 151 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,263 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 431 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 405 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.