Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new machine, worse results ???
new machine, worse results ???
I started on a cpap machine in late March, an Ibreeze, and had immediate success. My AHI was almost never above 1.0 and I felt great, no more daytime naps, and able to stay up late. After two months, my mahcine provider closed their local office, and the office in Erie PA said I had to get a new machine, they didnt support the Ibreeze. I got a resmed airsense 11, and now I am lucky if my if my AHI gets below 3, its normally 4-5. I feel like I did before I started, not rested, back to napping in daytime, etc. They have checked the pressure, and adjusted settings, but nothing seems to work, On the Ibreeze, I could see and adjust settings, but the resmed only allows me to adjust ramp and humidity. The therapist first adjusted EPR, then turned it off completely, with no change in results. Anyone else experience this? Any thing I could check? I hate typing this at 10:00 am, and feeeling like I need a nap already....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new machine, worse results ???
Hi Jst617!  -  Welcome
Four things before going any further,
  1. If you don't have one, get an SD card.  If it is used, format it to a FAT32 before use.

2. Download OSCAR for your type of computer's OS.  Here is the link: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

3. Request a Clinician's Manual for the AS11.  This will tell you how to enter the AS11's configuration menu.  Here is the link that will tell you how to request one: Clinician Setup Manuals (Scroll down to Section 3 for the request instructions.)

4. Read the links in my signature to help in understanding OSCAR and how to post images here.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
is your machine auto cpap or just a cpap with single pressure?
if your machine is a single preassure machine then thats must be your problem as ibreeze is an auto cpap it increases preassure automatically when it detects apnea events while single preassure cpap dose not increase pressure when it detect apnea events
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the tip...seems my new machine is Autosense, but set for fixed cpap mode. If my prescribed pressure is 8, what would be good settings to start with for the min/max on autosense?
Post Reply Post Reply
Min-6-8, max-12-16, epr-1-2, keep on playing with setting according to your comfort between the given parameters
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR levels ? 

is that a level, or a pressure, so 1, 2, 3 is low , med, high, or 1, 2, 3 psi ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the link to our Wiki about EPR: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...lief_(EPR).   The pressure of a CPAP for most users is displayed in centimeters displacement of H2O.  We usually write it as just 10 cm or 10 cmH2O.  The EPR value reduces your exhale pressure by its displayed value in cmH2O.   However, the lowest pressure your CPAP can deliver is 4 cm.  So no matter what your EPR setting is, the pressure drop will not go below 4 cm.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2022, 12:16 PM)Jst617 Wrote: seems my new machine is Autosense, but set for fixed cpap mode.

The AirSense 11 line has 3 different models:
  • AutoSet (auto adjustable)
  • CPAP (fixed pressure)
  • Elite (fixed pressure)
Somewhere on your machine it should say which model it is.  Try looking on the left side of the machine (the side opposite the humidifier tank).
It should say something like "AirSense 11 AutoSet".  It would help to know exactly which machine you have.

Once you have confirmed the model you can update your profile.  Click on UserCP at the top of the page to edit your profile.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR will tell you which model you have, as well as the mode you are using... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE, after two nights of adjusting settings, I think maybe I got it, first night was 6-12 for the pressure, EPR 1, a little better, but still not so good, AHI events 6.5.....last night was 8-14, EPR 1, AHI 2.0, feeling great so far, no need for the morning nap, I'll try those settings again tonight, hopefully same results tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 179 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.