Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new mask need different pillow
new mask need different pillow
new user .. just switched to a full face mask Resmed airfit F30i which I like much better than the nasal pillows.  my issue is that I'm a side sleeper and have not found the optimum pillow yet. a hard pillow causes large leaks when I change positions .. a soft pillow works much better but my neck needs more support and I find myself hanging onto the edge of the pillow for maximum comfort ..
so, my question is ... has anyone found the best pillow for side sleepers with full face mask??  hope so   :-)
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new mask need different pillow
Try something like the TruContour CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers - Premium Memory Foam with Four Height Settings - Ideal for Back and Stomach Sleepers Too - Storage Case Included. Available at Amazon.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2021, 07:41 AM)cberistain Wrote: new user .. just switched to a full face mask Resmed airfit F30i which I like much better than the nasal pillows.  my issue is that I'm a side sleeper and have not found the optimum pillow yet. a hard pillow causes large leaks when I change positions .. a soft pillow works much better but my neck needs more support and I find myself hanging onto the edge of the pillow for maximum comfort ..
so, my question is ... has anyone found the best pillow for side sleepers with full face mask??  hope so   :-)

Yes. I use the same mask, and found that the buckwheat pillow works great with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP pillows are good if you only side sleep the whole night or wear cervical collars with good support.

If you backsleep any part of the night without a cervical collar, it will lower your chin and can cause positional apnea.

For side sleeping only, I would go with CPAP pillow over the buckwheat. CPAP pillows have that side cutout that makes FFM placement for no prevent interference, to prevent leaks.

I side sleep part of the night, and a cheap Target firm pillow works fine for me. I guess everybody ade different. It might be how we position our bodies during side sleep that a snallower pillow can work.

I use a pillow that's not too shallow, but also not too thick pillow to prevent OAs during back sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone.. appreciate the advice .. I'll get at least one of the mentioned choices.
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
I love the Coop Home Goods Original Pillow. You can adjust the loft (by removing or adding fluff) to find what works for you. It comes with its own zippered pillowcase. I will never use another pillow (and I've tried them all)! Coop Home Goods Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,855 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 261 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 339 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 662 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.