Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi everyone from a new member.

I have just had my 3rd sleep study done in 7 years. The first 2 studies I ignored and refused to get a CPAP machine but with not being refreshed and maybe loosing a job indirectly because of my apnea/hypopnea I decided it was time. I had an AHI of 33 and 192 arousals a night. Apparently not good.
Had the latest study done 6 weeks ago and purchase my machine yesterday. Used it last night and things where going well until the mask started leaking while I was asleep and the Hypopnea and leakage coincide with each other. While no leak all was good but I must have rolled over and dislodged the full face mask. I suppose I will get used to the mask eventually.

Adrian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new member
Welcome, Adrianf.

Masks are the curse of CPAP. You can expect to through a number of them until you find one that works for you. That's just the way it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Adrian, you can boy a CPAP pillow which may help you if you roll on your side, what I do is I have my bottom pillow vertical (across) and the top pillow horizontal (up and down) I find that way there is less real estate for may mask to knock on the pillow, it basically does the same job as a CPAP pillow. It does take a bit of getting used to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Adrianf,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Don't be shy about trying different masks 'till you find the right one that works for you.
Some people have to try "many" different masks.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

As to finding the right mask for you, it is a trial and error process. If you haven't found a DME yet, you need to find one that will allow you to try out masks until you find the one that works for you. Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 200 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 535 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,097 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,619 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,070 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 495 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 459 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.