Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new member question, Intellipap2.
new member question, Intellipap2.
HI All,
This is my first post so, an introduction is in order. I have been diagnosed with severe OSA(over 87 events an hour) during a home sleep study. My O2 dropped to 40% at times. The doctor sent me out for a titration sleep study in a lab, and was successfully titrated. I know I need an CPAP, and since I travel a lot, I have requested a Devilbiss Intellipap2 Auto. I really like the size and form factor of the machine. I carry a lot of stuff when I fly already, so needed something that I can stuff in my laptop bag. From research here on the forum, I know the Intellipap2 records a lot more data than the Intellipap, but wasn't working with Sleepyhead. I was wondering if anyone knows what the status of Sleepyhead was in working with this machine?, and what the options were in getting to this data. I believe I read about on user getting the data out himself? I would of course be willing to buy Devilbiss's software if needed.

Thanks,
Analog

PS
I don't know what the normal time frame is from diagnosis to therapy, but I'm really unhappy with the whole process. I went in the first time 2nd week of December, and now have had to wait three weeks from the titration study to see the doctor again. My appointment is this Thursday, and am so frustrated, I may just fire him. Does anybody have this experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new member question, Intellipap2.
inadvertently responded to wrong thread here

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi analog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure if the DeVilbiss machine will work with the #sleepyhead data-management software.
Hang in there for answers to your question.
I wish you good luck as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
With oxygen going that low I would be adding oxygen to the cpap flow.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the welcome. I really am looking forward to a decent nights sleep. I know its possible, because the titration study proved it. As far as my low O2, the titration study showed supplemental O2 was not needed, as my O2 remained above 92% with CPAP. I just wish the wait wasn't so long. I have been doing a lot of research, and this place definitely seems to be the best(friendly and helpful).

Analog.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 486 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 996 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,530 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 970 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 448 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 419 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  New Member Newly Diagnosed Help With Interpreting lauradeaton 0 374 06-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: lauradeaton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.