Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new member--silly questions
new member--silly questions
Hello, I am not 100% if this is the proper place to ask this, I just joined, but thought I would try
 I have 2 machines-
 a resmed S9 Elite with humidifier- wonderful piece of equipment-cpap 5.5 yrs old
 a brand new Dream Station Auto Bipap with humidifier. 2 wks old

My Dream station is convertible to CPAP which I had the supplier do because when on Bipap, if I take a deep breath, I go off cycle and end up with no air for a second,  almost like an apnea event- then I need to focus and get back into correct the cycle.  I also found it noisier than the resmed.

My pressure is at 11 on both machines. 
I was wondering if anyone has experienced difficulty going from cpap to bipap. They told me it would be better, more comfortable etc. but not so for me.

I want to experiment with the pressure but that setting has a lock on it( bottom corner of the display) and I don't seem to be able to access it.
Does anyone have any info for me to get around this. Also, how do I get it back into bipap mode in order to try it.

I really wanted a portable machine but was not able to get one up here so i am looking to source a 12 volt adaptor cord (for less than $40.00) so if anyone has a line on this, that would be great.
Thanks for any help.
GHB1956
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new member--silly questions
Go to this link and get the clinic manual. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

In the mean time you can access the therapy settings by holding both the Control knob and ramp button in at the same time for 5 seconds.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears from your profile that you are not using any software to analyze the results of your nightly therapy. You may wish to download #Sleepyhead and load it to your computer. That way you can post your results to the forum and obtain advice tailored for your condition.

Good luck and may you have a good night's sleep for a better tomorrow.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
If the machine stops pressure before you finish breathing in, that is in the adjustment and is easily rectified.
As said, get the free manual and sleepyhead program.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you know what settings your DreamStation was set too?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 223 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 383 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 182 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 156 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 201 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 367 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.