Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new oscar install: No data displayed
new oscar install: No data displayed
After setting up a profile, I pressed File > Import SDcard data.
Daily tab displays "No data available".
Overview tab start and end dates = 1/1/2000.
Daily tab displays "Oscar has no data to report".

Nevertheless, a copy of the data was made at Documents > OSCAR_DATA.

Any idea where I went wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new oscar install: No data displayed
Did you set the path where OSCAR is to look for data?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your quick reply!
As I recall, a setup popup said to choose the root directory, not a subdirectory. So I selected d:\, instead of d:\P-Series.

(Ideally I'd like to keep it all on hard disk, and transport the sd card as needed.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Reinstalled a few times, trying d:\ <-- the sdcard, documents\oscar_data, documents\oscar_data\p-series.
I have no doubt that I am missing something that everyone else understands.
Is there a good old-fashioned ini or xml I can edit directly?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2019, 08:25 AM)f150 Wrote: Reinstalled a few times, trying d:\ <-- the sdcard, documents\oscar_data,  documents\oscar_data\p-series.
I have no doubt that I am missing something that everyone else understands.
Is there a good old-fashioned ini or xml I can edit directly?

Yes, we may be missing something too obvious to see.  Let's review the steps to getting started to make sure we are talking about the same steps.

What computer and operating system are you using?

We have detailed instructions on running OSCAR for the first time at http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...first_time.

In summary, the process for getting started is:
  1. Install OSCAR
  2. Create a profile
  3. Insert SD card in your card reader
  4. Click on SD card import (either File/import or the icon on the Welcome page for your new profile)
  5. OSCAR should find the card and ask if it is ok to import.
  6. OSCAR imports the data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, as a QA tech, I am 100% certain this is OE. When everyone else can do it, the problem is likely to be staring at you in the mirror.

Yet, as everyone who screws up says,"I followed the instructions exactly!" I'll step through it again.

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude e5440.

(In fact, I suspect that one of my installed services might be stepping on the install. Haven't pursued that yet b/c it takes real thinking which is a far reach at the moment.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Slow and careful re-install did the trick. Only diff I'm sure of is that this time I deleted documents/OSCAR_DATA before re-installing.

Thanks so much for your help. I hope I can return the favor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2019, 11:01 AM)f150 Wrote: Slow and careful re-install did the trick. Only diff I'm sure of is that this time I deleted documents/OSCAR_DATA before re-installing.

Thanks so much for your help. I hope I can return the favor.

The favor would be joining the team and actively defining testing and finding stuff as only a QA Tech can do.
If interested PM me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fred,
I pm'd you as advised. I'm happy to help in other ways if QA doesn't warm your heart.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2019, 04:39 PM)f150 Wrote: Hi Fred,
I pm'd you as advised. I'm happy to help in other ways if QA doesn't warm your heart.
A LOT of my background is QA.  As long as you don't insult the team no problem.  A quirk of mine.  We don't find bugs, we find issues.  Look for a PM soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR shows missing data for multi week interval Dawnstar 2 52 04-21-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 104 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 134 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 962 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 302 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 281 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 942 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.