Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new to ASV, Aircurve10 question
new to ASV, Aircurve10 question
Hello:

I am tired all the time.
I was just informed I have Central Apnea and was told I need a ASV machine.
I have a CPAP, a BIPAP and had that UPPP operation, where they Roto-Roto your throat.  I have had 5 sleep studies and one nap study. Now I need to buy a new machine.

I also got this sleepyhead which is great, is allowed me to see what is going one at night.
So I have some question about this new machine I am getting and this software:

This machine continues to blow air at a low rate, when it is off, is this correct operation? It does not blow air when first plugged in.

About the software, can it read ASV correctly? the model is not listed as supported, and I do not see any CA events, only H and UA's.
Also what is the difference between the Mask Pressure and Pressure graphs, as they are not the same. 
Last, is this saying I am being pumped with 20PSI of pressure at times! know wonder I am all gassed up in the morning, turning me into an old fart!

Attached is my sleepyhead chart. It wont let me attach a file!

Is this a good machine?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new to ASV, Aircurve10 question
Tried to attach a screen shot, it said" 

• Sorry, but you cannot attach this file because you have reached your attachment quota of 200 KB"
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, it continues to blow air to cool the humidifier down, dry hose a bit?
sleepyhead can read ASV, but there is also the resmed resscan that is also available here, if you want to double check.
it shows both ca and oa as UA, if you are getting UA,  it's 99% an OA and may need the epap minimum raised. This is also reflected with the H you are getting., see you doctor if you aren't comfortable about adjusting your own pressure or put a chart up and the forum will help you fine tune it..
most use http://imgur.com as you found out the forum is limited
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Ha, it says I cant post images or links either.

post 4
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you have 4 posts you can link an image from Imgur, meanwhile, you can still post a link, but just put a space in the address. The first two links in my signature describe how to organize and post images.

Congrats on getting an ASV. You have have a great machine, and no doubt you have been through the wringer getting it. We have a surprising number of members that have similar issues and use ASV. Sleepyhead will work well with the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. Sorry you had to go through all the surgery and other obstructive apnea treatments before they finally figured it out. You should have been here sooner.

Your post suggests that you are having aerophagia with ASV, where the air pressure exceeds the pressure that you can tolerate without air entering your stomach. We can probably help you with that too. It's all a matter of balancing your machine settings with your tolerance with pressure. You are not alone in having these issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry, I forgot to tell you to put a space in the link h ttp://imgur.com
ot won't be long before you get 4 Smile answer this and you have it
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also the 20 that your machine reports is *not* pounds per square inch; it is centimetres of water lifted or depressed. Think of a ten inch straw immersed in a tall glass of water with two inches out of the water --- now see if you can blow bubbles in the water. That's how much pressure your machine is using on you.

It's not so bad, is it?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Oldfart. Welcome to Apnea Board.

The Resmed ASV is an excellent machine if you have central apnea (or mixed / complex apnea). If set up correctly it will completely eliminate central apneas so that any events which do sneak through will be obstructive apneas and hypopneas. (They are flagged as undefined apneas but are almost certainly obstructive).

Before going on to ASV therapy your doctor should have confirmed your cardiac health status - ASV is contraindicated for people with congestive heart failure and a left ejection fraction less than 45%. If you're in doubt, talk to your doctor.

The pressure graph is a low resolution chart which shows the approximate pressure (I think it might be a rolling average, but I'm not sure). The mask pressure chart is high resolution, sampled 50 times a second. By zooming in on the mask pressure and airflow charts, you can see exactly what the machine is doing to help you breathe on a breath-by-breath basis.

It's premature to start talking about changing pressure settings - the machine operates and feels very different from an ordinary CPAP so take some time to get used to it, and see what trends emerge.

As a new user your privileges for linking or embedding images are limited, but once you have a few more posts under your belt you will be able to link to a photo-sharing site like Imgur and the size limitation for embedded images will be relaxed a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll try again:
H ttp://imgur.com/a/7xSuJ

Thanks all for helping out. I got this machine last week, and am still going through masks to find one that does not leak, and is comfortable. I am going to try my old CPAP mask and see how it feels.

The girl at the medical place tried to explain what the EPAP, MAX IPAP values are, but she confused me.
At first, the doctor reduced the EPAP value from 7 to 4, 

I hope this screenshot comes through, so you can see what my settings are.

As I learn the lingo, I hope to get better educated on all this. My end goal is to not be so dead tired every day.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it was my chart, I would increase the minimum epap back to 8, which is a bit below the median pressure and see how it goes, it may go a touch higher later.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 322 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Help Settings for Aircurve10 V auto for a newbie jsl316 9 852 04-13-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: jsl316
  Aircurve10 ASV- new machine causing reduced REM and aerophagia marineman2 19 2,164 12-10-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: marineman2
  Newish to AirCurve10 ASV, still struggling. JBurd 14 1,196 10-14-2021, 08:42 PM
Last Post: anderson5420
  RM AirCurve10 VAuto: On Sale for $1225, AB supplier No. 14 2SleepBetta 4 783 08-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Resmed AirCurve10 VAuto Bi-pap SD Problems? Grammy25 6 941 09-22-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Grammy25
  Aircurve10 VAuto Settings Drexette 30 3,420 05-29-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.