Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new to CPAP/OSCAR info
new to CPAP/OSCAR info
Hey everyone!

I just started using my CPAP 40 days ago. It has very much been a rough month getting use to it but I believe the past two weeks I have started improving and my compliance is up. My question is one night I’ll have a high AHI of 9+ and the next night will be 3-4+.

My script is 10 cm pressure but I have my machine (dream station) on auto and it has gone as high as 17. I know I’m sleeping better but I’m concerned I need to call my doctor. I last saw him 2 weeks ago before I was really able to start using it like I need to be. I’ve attached OSCAR ss of Aug 18 and 19. I’m new at this so please let me know if I need to ss anything else.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new to CPAP/OSCAR info
Hello,

Please reorganize your charts according to this link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

It'll be easier to see what's happening this way.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just found out how to do that! I hope this is what y’all are looking for!

Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off the snores events (red ones) and its good. You can do that with the combo box in the bottom right corner.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2019, 08:37 PM)alexp Wrote: Turn off the snores events (red ones) and its good. You can do that with the combo box in the bottom right corner.

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

You should always lead with the event chart  See the organize in my signature.
You have central apneas and they are behaving in their normal manner and that is they are being consistently inconsistent.
Centrals, with your machine, are treated by avoiding them.  They cannot be "treated with a CPAP, APAP, or a BiLevel without backup.
Pressure variance from Flex/EPR or algorithmic changes tend to increase centrals.  Higher pressures also tend to increase centrals.

So to start
Turn off Flex
Set the Max to 12
Then let's see where we are at.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2019, 08:50 PM)bonjour Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

You should always lead with the event chart  See the organize in my signature.
You have central apneas and they are behaving in their normal manner and that is they are being consistently inconsistent.
Centrals, with your machine, are treated by avoiding them.  They cannot be "treated with a CPAP, APAP, or a BiLevel without backup.
Pressure variance from Flex/EPR or algorithmic changes tend to increase centrals.  Higher pressures also tend to increase centrals.

So to start
Turn off Flex
Set the Max to 12
Then let's see where we are at.

Thank you! I’ll set it up tonight and see where we go from here!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 503 7 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 117 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.