Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new to CPAP
RE: new to CPAP
I missed the next important part about no insurance and no machine. Contact your local sleep centers and see if they can help you. Machines are often found on Craigs list, at yard sales (never saw one there myself), see if there is a local a A.W.A.K.E group in your area. Google sleep apnea and AWAKE, they may be able to point you in the right direction Check other forums- people often have machines they donate or sell for reasonable prices. Check with your city government into short term medicaid, check all resources for medical supply help. Good luck, please don't drive, and keep us posted.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new to CPAP
trust me i have had a physical, had 5 ekg's, 3 cat scans, a mri, and seen a neurologist for a workup. this has been happening since june of this year. i think i have had every test that they could come up with at the hospital and at my doctors office. every time they check my sugars its between 80 and 100 and the ekg's come back with a reverse ST wave but nothing serious enough for the ER to do anything about it. I am on high blood pressure meds but every time after an episode the blood pressure is on the high side of normal even with the meds.

(12-03-2012, 09:27 AM)zimlich Wrote: I think you need to get a physical. Though it may be true in your case, I have never heard of CPAP causing people to pass out during the day. I know you don't have insurance, but this may be a neurological matter or something very serious. For instance you could have low blood sugar. Do you eat regularly with a snack mid morning and after lunch? Are you getting so sleepy you fall asleep on your feet and fall down? That sounds like narcolepsy and requires different treatment in the form of CNS stimulants. I am not a doctor, but I say these things just to show you there are a host of other problems that could cause your symptoms. Acid1987, please go to a free clinic or ER next time you pass out- call 911. This is serious. I could happen when you're driving or doing another hazardous task.
Good luck, keep us posted.

its more like fainting

(12-03-2012, 10:03 AM)archangle Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 09:27 AM)zimlich Wrote: I have never heard of CPAP causing people to pass out during the day.

He's not doing CPAP yet, he's looking for a machine.

Apneacs often fall asleep during the day. If his "passing out" is "falling asleep," that's not too unusual for an apneac. If it's more like "fainting", that's different.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.