Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new to a10 autoset climate line
new to a10 autoset climate line
How is everyone using the climate line. ...auto on both settings or manual...and if so should you match the temperature of the line to the room temperature...will it cause condensation if the line is warmer then the room or vs/versa. Thanks for any in put.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new to a10 autoset climate line
Hi Sleepybeaver,
I'm new to this board and am "re-starting" cpap therapy again after 2 failed tries. (They say the third time is a charm, right?)
I have now been using the AirSense 10 Autoset for Her for one week.
My machine climateline has been preset to auto which takes all the guesswork out of it. It has been working, as the morning water level is different on different days. This machine is supposed to be very intuitive.
I don't have a problem with condensation (rain out) which I had with my Respironic. My one problem with the heated hose is that it is heavier than my other hose. I asked my DME whether I could switch to the slimline but he said it would negate the purpose, so I guess I'm stuck with the bulkier,heavier climateline hose.
So I would say to just preset the machine to auto and see how you like it. Sleep-well
Winkin'
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 12:29 AM)Winkin Wrote: Hi Sleepybeaver,
I'm new to this board and am "re-starting" cpap therapy again after 2 failed tries. (They say the third time is a charm, right?)
My machine climateline has been preset to auto which takes all the guesswork out of it. It has been working, as the morning water level is different on different days. This machine is supposed to be very intuitive.
I don't have a problem with condensation (rain out) which I had with my Respironic. My one problem with the heated hose is that it is heavier than my other hose. I asked my DME whether I could switch to the slimline but he said it would negate the purpose, so I guess I'm stuck with the bulkier,heavier climateline hose.
So I would say to just preset the machine to auto and see how you like it. Sleep-well
Winkin'
Hi Winkin thanks for the reply...last night was heaven on earth...I don't know if it's the new climate line, or the other a10 autoset was malfunctioning. ...but l had the climate line set to 74 deg. And humidity set at 4, other settings are pressure relief on, smart start off and using airfit p10 pillows.

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad all went well.
I just saw zonk's answer about turning the setting to manual in order to change the hose setting. My machine is set to auto for CTRL and though the hose setting shows auto, I can adjust it if I want by turning the dial.
I just got this machine and I think the pressure relief setting is on but I have no way to tell as that was done by DME. I'll have to check in with him. I'm pretty sure it is because I hear a sound which changes when I breathe in and out. Do you hear that as well? This one is somewhat quieter than the respironics which actually kept me awake! Strange thing about the machines (or the ones I've had).. they are always really quiet the first few nights (can't hear it at all!) but then get louder (sigh)
Do I understand correctly that you had another autoset 10 before this? Or were you just having a problem with the auto setting itself?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 08:29 AM)Winkin Wrote: Glad all went well.
I just saw zonk's answer about turning the setting to manual in order to change the hose setting. My machine is set to auto for CTRL and though the hose setting shows auto, I can adjust it if I want by turning the dial.
I just got this machine and I think the pressure relief setting is on but I have no way to tell as that was done by DME. I'll have to check in with him. I'm pretty sure it is because I hear a sound which changes when I breathe in and out. Do you hear that as well? This one is somewhat quieter than the respironics which actually kept me awake! Strange thing about the machines (or the ones I've had).. they are always really quiet the first few nights (can't hear it at all!) but then get louder (sigh)
Do I understand correctly that you had another autoset 10 before this? Or were you just having a problem with the auto setting itself?
They replaced a defective one with another new one. There are ways you can change your settings by yourself.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepybeaver,
I use the ClimateLine and I have both of my settings on auto, and it works well for me.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 12:29 AM)Winkin Wrote: Hi Sleepybeaver,
Winkin'
Hi Winkin',
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you much success on your third time of CPAP therapy and hopefully, you will be able to continue with it this time around.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2015, 10:29 PM)sleepybeaver Wrote: How is everyone using the climate line. ...auto on both settings or manual...and if so should you match the temperature of the line to the room temperature...will it cause condensation if the line is warmer then the room or vs/versa. Thanks for any in put.

I bought the ClimateLine hose a month after I purchased my Autosense 10 Autoset. I have just left it set on auto and the tube temp set at 78 degrees. I find there is seldom any condensation in the tube. My Resmed S8 tube used to collect water from the condensation at night to the point I would have to drain it off in the morning. I usually sleep in a room when we are in our home in Michigan at 55 degrees at night during the winter.

I enjoy the new system and the ClimateLine hose does a much better job controlling the condensation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Breathingwell.........a quick question for you on your Airsense machine.

I used to use an S9 and with the heated hose you could run the Auto climate control in Auto with the default auto humidity setting of 80% humidity, but while running in Auto you could still change/adjust your hose temperature without having to go to manual.

When I got an early version of the Airsense AutoSet back in September of 2014 I immediately noticed that I could not run the climate control the same way as I used to on the S9. On my Airsense if I have it in Auto Climate control it defaults to humidity at 85% and hose temp to 80 degrees F. I can no longer adjust the hose temp while leaving it in Auto, instead the only way to change hose temp is to set it into Manual mode and then control Humidity setting and Hose temp setting independently.

It sounds like from your post that on your Airsense machine you can run it in Auto, but still control the Hose temp even though you're in Auto mode.......is this the case? And if so, can you tell me your machine's software version number (find that in "About" in your settings menu)...... You've got me curious if there are some different versions now out that function differently in this respect.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the hose is too heavy, you can get some Velcro wraps that have clips on them, and clip it to you PJs or sheet, or whatever weors for you - takes that weight away! I used Amazon and searched on CPAP hose clips. Glad I did - no more wrestling with the hose.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 11 flashing Climate Line Connected DaveHirschler 4 1,864 08-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Climate Line Operation Sleepy Quixote 2 618 06-28-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Slim line cpap tubing. silverdr 4 598 06-05-2023, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Climate line hose question Rice95 0 494 04-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Rice95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.