Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new to cpap re sleep
new to cpap re sleep
Hi I will be using my cpap two and a half weeks I was recently diagnosed I am still not sleeping well my first day was great. How long does it take to get a good sleep.  I have mild sleep apnea .  My apnea is under control .  Thank you for listening
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new to cpap re sleep
everybody is different

if the pressure is not right for you 
and everybody's needs change constantly
ONE SIZE FITS NOBODY
so you might need an auto type 

or you are getting centrals you would need an ASV

and if there are other things disturbing your sleep 
then it could take longer to sort it all out and fix those too

good luck making my neighbor stop making noise all night long 
or stopping the ac compressors outside my window fromcycling on and off all night 
and .....
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2017, 07:07 PM)new user Wrote: everybody is different

if the pressure is not right for you 
and everybody's needs change constantly
ONE SIZE FITS NOBODY
so you might need an auto type 

or you are getting centrals you would need an ASV

and if there are other things disturbing your sleep 
then it could take longer to sort it all out and fix those too

good luck making my neighbor stop making noise all night long 
or stopping the ac compressors outside my window fromcycling on and off all night 
and .....

Hi I will be going for my Devi day study in june where I will use my cpap and I guess they review my pressure Right now i am st 7 my machine starts at 5
Post Reply Post Reply
What specific Resmed machine do you have? Many of the Resmed machines can have the data interpreted by SleepyHead, free software available from the link at the top of the page. If you download and install it to your computer (most PCs can run it), you'll be able to upload data from the card in the machine and see how you are doing.
Also, there is a link above where you can request the ResScan software for your machine and learn about the features to customize the comfort and other settings as desired to optimize your use.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Novello1234 and welcome.
 Are you able to keep your mask on all night?  When I started I had difficulties adjusting to CPAP, it took me a couple of months to get used to it. How do you know that your apnea is under control? Also, do you know what model your CPAP machine is? If you do update your profile with the specifics of your machine. Many of the modern CPAP machines are capable of providing data that can help in improving your treatment. There is free software available that will tell you how you are doing and help other members to help you, many people here use SleepyHead there is a link to download it at the top of the page.

Best of luck with your treatment,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2017, 07:21 PM)Beej Wrote: What specific Resmed machine do you have? Many of the Resmed machines can have the data interpreted by SleepyHead, free software available from the link at the top of the page. If you download and install it to your computer (most PCs can run it), you'll be able to upload data from the card in the machine and see how you are doing.
Also, there is a link above where you can request the ResScan software for your machine and learn about the features to customize the comfort and other settings as desired to optimize your use

The vendor where I bought told me  and they have the software to read  my machine  . I can also see it on my machine
Post Reply Post Reply
You stated in your other thread that you have the "ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her" an excellent machine and fully data capable.
Read my signature for how to install Sleepyhead, Organize and post your data.

You really want to know and understand your data.  And you want the ability to change your settings, and understand why your Dr. is changing your settings.
And no, you cannot see it all on your machine.  What is stored on your SD card is literally a breath by breath detailed vie of many aspects of your nights sleep.  You can see the "sine wave" of each breath.  You can associate apnea events with that curve, not just the simple count or average you can see on your machine.  We can see when you are "mouth breathing" and there is nothing you can view on your machine to see that.  We can see if you appear to have or developed complex apnea.  and much more.   And we can recommend changes to your settings to treat what we see.  We can tell you what to ask your doctor and you will have charts demonstrating what is happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2017, 08:36 PM)Hi bonjour Wrote: You stated in your other thread that you have the "ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her" an excellent machine and fully data capable.
Read my signature for how to install Sleepyhead, Organize and post your data.

You really want to know and understand your data.  And you want the ability to change your settings, and understand why your Dr. is changing your settings.
And no, you cannot see it all on your machine.  What is stored on your SD card is literally a breath by breath detailed vie of many aspects of your nights sleep.  You can see the "sine wave" of each breath.  You can associate apnea events with that curve, not just the simple count or average you can see on your machine.  We can see when you are "mouth breathing" and there is nothing you can view on your machine to see that.  We can see if you appear to have or developed complex apnea.  and much more.   And we can recommend changes to your settings to treat what we see.  We can tell you what to ask your doctor and you will have charts demonstrating what is happening.
Hi   Problem I am not computer savvy so I would have no clue how to ondatllmthis program I have a lap top  also i have no clue where I would install this card or how to
Post Reply Post Reply
Most laptops have a slot to handle an SD card. If you can give me what laptop you have I can look that up for you.
Otherwise search amazon for " sd card reader ". there are several available for $5-$10 that plug into a USB port on your laptop.
We can help you with this.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
You have the computer skills to join a forum, you have more than enough to download and work sleepyhead. It really isn't that hard. People here will also walk you through it

youtube also have some 'how to' videos
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...yhead+cpap
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 180 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.