Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new to the cpap world
new to the cpap world
Hi All
just diagnosed with csa and osa last year , got my first cpap today, a resmed autoset. would like to hear what other people think about this machine and others
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new to the cpap world
Hi tisme
Congrats
The S9 AutoSet one the best machines with good display of data on the LCD screen including breakdown of AHI, 95% pressure and leak (unintentional leak)
Read the information posted at the products review forum
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tisme

You cant go wrong with a Resmed, there are also lots of other machines on the net that you can view but in my opion you cant beat your first machine, there always seem a special bond lol. Anyway theres lots of information for you to digest on your machine so take it easy put the kettle on Coffee and start digesting, oh and before I forget

Welcome to the Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2012, 11:49 PM)tisme Wrote: Hi All
just diagnosed with csa and osa last year , got my first cpap today, a resmed autoset. would like to hear what other people think about this machine and others

Congratulations on getting an Autoset. I, too, use that machine and I cannot find enough good things to say about it. Quiet is one of the first that comes to mind. Also, it is data capable, which means you can review your data on software that graphs (and compiles) all the information your machine generates. For software that works with the Autoset, you can use ResScan, an application created by ResMed, and/or SleepyHead, an excellent free beta version created by JediMark, a member of this forum. To find out how to obtain ResScan, see this thread. For SleepyHead, just google "SleepyHead CPAP" (without the quotes).

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions as you begin your cpap life. There should be someone who can capably answer whatever may be puzzling to you. We will at least undoubtedly try.

Good luck.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tisme,

I got the same model on the March 15th and it is my first CPAP machine. I love it so far and this forum and the folks here are fantastic! By searching all the info here you can quickly get up to speed on all the data the S9 captures. You can use the software mentioned above by JumpStart to get in depth information on your sleep breathing behavior. I have done a crash coarse with the info here on the Apnea Board and with the S9 capabilities I am beginning to understand my Apnea issues such as mouth breathing causing leaks.

Good luck!
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Weeks in the World of APAP MaskedOne 2 337 01-16-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question [CPAP] Survived the first night! What in the world is going on with this data? djbradford1996 5 1,257 12-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Last Post: nickgritz
  New to the World of Apnea High Purity 26 3,215 05-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Last Post: High Purity
  New to the CPAP World. Help! Javielo 8 1,916 04-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad Sinus congestion, APAP, and the end of the world jeffmackatron 8 2,680 01-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  How come the CPAP world hasn't embraced the theory of interchangable parts DPerretta 5 1,927 11-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie in the sleep apnea world Rousseau21 4 1,982 02-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Rousseau21

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.