Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user 75 days
new user 75 days
Been using ResMEd Airsense10 for going on 3 months.
Do not seem to notice any difference since starting.
Here are the stats that I extracted from the daily detailed reports.
Ave Usage = 7:15
AHI= ave 5.2 5 events between 15 and 16.25
Central= ave 4.25
Obstructive= Ave .3
Chenes Stokes=6.9%
Leak= Ave 1
Pressure Ave 10.37 95% =11.9

Either have real dry mouth or dripping water...cannot find mid point 80F at 6

Comments Suggestions?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new user 75 days
Welcome Netsurfer! We pretty much need to see the data plots from the free sleepyhead software to be of much help. This is all stuff that happens when we are asleep and the only real way to see what is going on is with the plots.

That said:
you are using a nasal mask and the only way I know of for you to get a dry mouth with that is because you are opening your mouth while sleeping and this causes what is known as a large leak (plots would show this). You can either train yourself to block off your mouth, ware a chin strap, or switch to a full face mask (nose and mouth). During large leaks you are not getting good treatment and the machine has trouble figuring out if you are having apneas or not.

Your numbers are not bad, would like to see when your apneas are happening. If they are right before you go to sleep or right before you wake up they are called wake/sleep junk and are not "real".

Dripping water is caused by condensation that comes from the warm moist air in the hose having to go through a hose that is in a colder room. do you have a heated hose? if not you can put a cover on the hose. Even just cutting the toe out of socks and sliding them over the hose will work.

install sleephead and read up on importing your data and posting plots and you will get lots of feedback

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi netsurfer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!

I don't understand this:
(08-03-2016, 02:28 PM)netsurfer Wrote: AHI= ave 5.2 5 events between 15 and 16.25

Can you clarify what that means? Your AHI averages 5.25 or between 15 and 16.25?

Post Reply Post Reply
The best fit straight line thru the data is about 5.2 and out of 75 readings (days) there were only 5 between 15 and 16.25. All other readings were lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi netsurfer,
What software are you using? If you would download the SleepyHead software and with a couple more posts you can download some of your recent data.

Here are some links to get you started:
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, so five bad days out of 75. That is not too bad for starting out. An average over 5 is too high, in my opinion. I noticed a benefit right away, but did not really feel good until I got it below 2. And I am still struggling with feeling really good. The ratio of Centrals to AHI is also pretty high. Do yo have any known heart problems?

As other have said, we need to see some data from SleepHead to say much more. And please fill out your profile with your exact machine model, mask name, etc. That is vital information when giving advice. Each company makes many different types of machines and masks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Which data is most informative? Do I cut and paste a screen shot.
The Dr. said that I was a borderline candidate but that there were benefits to continuing therapy associated with afib.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Check this out, to see what data is most useful to post.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_Forum
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2016, 03:01 PM)netsurfer Wrote: Which data is most informative? Do I cut and paste a screen shot.
The Dr. said that I was a borderline candidate but that there were benefits to continuing therapy associated with afib.
Thanks

netsurfer,
A couple links to help you. Take a screenshot from the daily page.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 404 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 324 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,717 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 891 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 661 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,078 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
Wink [CPAP] SD CARD NOT SHOWING RECENT 12 DAYS * SOLVED * Samultra 1 480 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.