Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP AHI and Apnea count
CPAP AHI and Apnea count
Hi,

I just found out recently that I have sleep apnea and very severe according to the doctor.(AHI>50)

So recently I purchase an auto cpap machine. But I purchase the machine online not through the doctor or an authorized reseller. So I can't consult them on how to use it. So I didn't change anything all default setting.

So my machine give me this result (attach)

Why does my Apnea count become 0 but my AHI still remain 4? thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP AHI and Apnea count
Hi kmkn00. Welcome to Apnea Board.

I see your software is listed as Oscar, but at this time Oscar doesn't support the BMC machine. So I think you must be using BMC's own ResSmart software?

From the little bit you've given us, it doesn't seem to make sense. My guess is that the machine is recording events other than apneas and hypopneas and including them in the calculation of the AHI. Most likely it's recording RERAs (Respiratory Effort Related Arousal). Is it possible to provide more data from your software please?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed Air 10 can't count CaptainEven 6 279 03-02-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 386 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP LVH115 14 956 01-17-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Questions about CPAP pressure algorithms about apnea charlie4691 5 580 12-27-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 461 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Mild Sleep Apnea on CPAP--Still Tired brianbear 10 1,213 09-12-2023, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.