Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user dreamstation auto bipap machine d7000
RE: new user dreamstation auto bipap machine d7000
Yes, you need a chart up. You will get more advice from the members if they can see your different graphs.
You can try a nasal mask first and see if that works for you. If you can shave the beard off, I think it would be easier for now to set the machine up. You may mouth leak in a nasal mask and that brings in another issue.

Once you determine what the right setting range is. Then you can adjust it from there, if you want a lower pressure for a while and build up to it. It seems you may be a new user and not swapping from cpap to bpap. We don't know what the other settings are within the machine that you were given, I would suggest a factory reset. To get back to default settings, besides pressure. If you haven't done so already, the clinical manual is available at the top of the page.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2019, 11:25 AM)Feedsack Wrote: can you make sense from this chart.

What I can see is that you need higher minimum EPAP pressure.  You have tried EPAP min between 4 and 5 cm, and continued to use pressure support between 2-8 and a maximum pressure of 22.  You continue to have high obstructive apnea.  What your needs are, is:
EPAP min 9.0
PS min 4.0
PS max 5.0
Max pressure 20.0
and most important, you need to get the leaks under control

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10753]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=10789]does this chart help?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2019, 09:33 AM)Feedsack Wrote: does this chart help?

I think you have the event Flags turned off. Look in the lower left corner of the daily chart and make sure all events have a green bar next to them, not red. We know you have plenty of apnea and hypopnea, so the chart is the one we're looking for, but you need to turn on the Flags.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=10793][attachment=10793]How is this Im not used to this software but Im trying
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on the charts, but your results totally suck. Wow, that's a lot of events. You need a soft cervical collar. See this wiki article http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=10872][attachment=10871]I  tweaked the mask fittings and used some litetape for my mouth even though i used a full face. Any thing else, it appears that im feeling pretty good Im not tired as much in the afternoon. All help is appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
In your latest charts, there are significant improvements in your inspiratory time vs expiratory time and tidal volume has also improved, and you seem much more relaxed. I'm sure the improved leak results is mostly responsible for this. There are still clusters of apnea that look like they would be improved by using a soft cervical collar. Feeling better with the therapy and having better sleep is the ultimate objective, and your comments suggest you are on your way to achieving that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for you time I have brought a few of collars but am having a hard time finding one. I have a short neck but its over 18 inches around 
Still looking though
Post Reply Post Reply
The OTC cervical collar available from Amazon is only 2.5in high and comes in several size in cluding 17.5 to 19.5" and larger.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,057 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 829 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 143 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 348 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 222 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 402 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.