Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user dreamstation auto bipap machine d7000
RE: new user dreamstation auto bipap machine d7000
Thank you for that information I am blessed that so many really try to help us new to this sleep apnea stuff
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Feedsack. I won't offer any suggestions re treatment as others are doing that. However I suggest you turn off the Vibratory Snore VS2 flag in your charts. As far as anybody knows this is not a significant reading but it sure makes your chart look bad! The regular vibratory snore should be left on - that is a signific number.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for everyone's wisdom.

I decided that I would try different types or styles of masks

So far I have used a dreamware full face , dreamware nasal pillows, and last nasal gel.

I found that in short order i have learned not to mouth breath... i was surprised how quick that happened. I was surprised that i have been sleeping so soundly when before i would jump up at any sound around my camp. This machine is a life saver figuratively.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=10970]

Sleeping with a cervical collar and using nasal gel mask from dreamware. still taping mouth  Any suggestions on improving or readjusting my machine to achieve better performance?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think an increase in minimum EPAP is in order, and I'd like to see minimum ps increased to 4.0 to help with the hypopnea. You currently have EPAP Min at 4.5, yet your median EPAP is 10.5. I think a minimum EPAP at 9.0 will significantly reduce your pressure variation through the night. Increasing the PS min to 4.0 will help to clear the vibratory snore, flow limitations, RERA and hypopnea. If necessary, you can work up to that pressure, but you are already experiencing it during therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using soft collar mouth tape and dreamware nasal pillow and or nasal gel mask. Im sleeping better not snoring so damn loud and feeling pretty good. Is there any way to tweak this a little better. 
Here is my latest map
[attachment=11013]
Post Reply Post Reply
I still see some positional obstruction in the clusters of OA. You can bump up minimum EPAP pressure and bump up PS min by 0.5, and work on the collar fit. Turn off VS2 and it will clean up the charts. This is a pretty nice improvement compared to 2-weeks ago.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using a dream ST BiPap and I've noticed that it takes time to get more used to than you might think. Big learning curve. I never restart at full capacity after waking up. I use 30 min Ramp time again after a disconnect. If I go back to full pressure I can't get back to sleep. No problems when starting again with Ramp time.
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
If I get up and Ive been using the dream station I have found that I don't want to wait again for the ramp to finish. I just want to continue where I left off.  Sometimes I even tuck the mask under my pillow so it doesn't auto shut off and once again I pick up where I left off.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=11105]latest charts from the dreamstation auto Any further thoughts would be appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 634 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 118 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 382 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 407 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.