Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user - hello
new user - hello
hello all !
I've been dealing with this issue for years , with no positive results , so started on a new route. A customer of mine had to have the jaw surgery done , braces and is better than ever , so off to the orthodontist I went . Awesome Dr. who specializes in apnea and tmj disorders and came out with a night guard / retainer , after having the consultation and head scan done . My airway is extremely narrow and mouth too small for my tounge . I'm still trying to figure out why it took this many years for this to be found out. 

next step was a new sleep study and NOT LOCAL to me , off to Houston. within the first minutes or hours of the study , found out I've been on the wrong machine and using the wrong mask for all these years. Started on a CPAP , used it for a while , still felt like crap . Then a new study and prescribed me a BIPAP , BUT the clinician stated I was the WORST patient she has had , and that I would be better suited for an ASV. So I used the BIPAP but kept pushing for the ASV , got another study done , they said ok , but insurance wouldn't pay for it . So we all know how the story goes .
I got one , used it religiously , still felt like crap . So here we are . After the study in March , they set my old BIPAP up to 16 / 21 and the first few nights felt good and was excited that this was going to work . The nasal mask has been a rough adjustment , still working on it but doing ok . The doctor has me using a chin strap along with this mask . 

I felt that this machine need to be updated ,the doctor agreed,  ins again was too much so I found an AirCurve 10 ST . I was told it was new , it wasn't , had 1,100 hrs , ok no big deal , still saved a lot of money .

The machine was programmed , and felt good about what was to happen but after a few nights , felt horrible. I checked the numbers , using sleepyhead and Myair , ahi was high 10 + , so I went back to the old machine . I called the office , they made an adjustment , we try again , still feel crappy and last nights AHI was 21 +. let the doctor know , another adjustment done and I've been doing my leg work , found some things , which brought me here . 

I saw the other settings that , I thought, should be addressed ie. trigger points , so we'll see what happens tonight.

i'm going to try and post last nights report , not sure how it will turn out but we'll see .

all help and comments are appreciated . other things I use but it would cause me to ramble and i'm sure will come up in the thread anyway

thank you 

chris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new user - hello
[attachment=14284]
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=14285][attachment=14285]

second one is the last night on the BIPAP machine

sorry , the one in the attachment section
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure settings do not match your time at pressure graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your ST is set wrong to help your apnoea it needs to be in timed mode as it seems you may have Central Apnoea
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you 

are you referring to the solid blue line in the one graph ?

last nights AHI was 4.5 after the pressure was adjusted form 16 to 15 , do not understand how a small change like that could result is such a drastic change in AHI 

what is the difference in modes ?

I adjust the Ti min and max as well as the cycle time 

I appreciate all the help
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=14304]
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible for you to post a daily graph of your Philips bilevel machine as you have gone frome one machine type to another and it looks like the fixed pressure ST machine is the wrong machine for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
that is what I was thinking .. 32 was the ahi last night with the chin strap 
night before was with the flexifit and no chin strap and it was 4 .5
Post Reply Post Reply
The experts might find it helpful to see a slightly reformatted chart. Could you turn off the pie chart? That will make some more information visible on the left. And could you stack your graphs this way:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,129 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,215 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.