Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user, mask question
new user, mask question
I have been using a wisp nasal mask for 9 days. I have a high pressure and it is bi-pap rather than cpap. Apparently I open my mouth at night, because I am waking up through out the night needing a drink of water. I am very dry and uncomfortable. Also, burping air. I am going to try the full face mask tomorrow. I am hoping this will help, but I am a side sleeper and worried about not being able to get comfortable. I am determined to make this work and get some good sleep finally. I have been sleeping some better and dreaming more, even with the wisp.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new user, mask question
Welcome

A chin strap can help with the mouth breathing. I am a side sleeper and sometimes use a full face mask. The trick is to sleep on the end of the pillow and let the mask hang over the edge.

The burping is form aerophagia. I don't suffer from that so I will defer to someone with experience in that area.

Remembering more dreams is not necessarily a good thing. You only remember them if you wake up during or immediately after them. So it could mean you are getting woken up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi marylyn!

Welcome

I'm a side sleeper that uses a FFM. I switched to a buckwheat/foam pillow that doesn't compress like a foam pillow. This prevents the uncompressed portion of the pillow from trying to push on the mask. For reference on the pillow I'm referencing to, please Google Form-Fit Pillow. The pillow is shipped overfilled and may be reduced to accommodate the person's size and sleeping position. Getting the correct amount of fill is the key to success. I had to buy one for my wife after she tried mine and she isn't a CPAP'er.

Good luck.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Marylyn,

I was having the same problem and I started using the resmed chin strap and I haven't had a dry mouth since. (about 2 weeks now) and it also lowere dmy Leaks from 24/l Min to 2/l min
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi marylyn,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with finding a mask that you like, it can be the hardest part of this whole thing, so just keep trying 'till you find one that works for you.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 146 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 335 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 825 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 293 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.