Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user needing help
new user needing help
I’ll just give some details of where I’m at with my treatment.
Firstly I’m in the UK and using the NHS which is very slow with appointments.
I was referred to the NHS clinic by my doctor in January and because it was taking so long had a private home study which for various reasons ended up taking quite a while with results of moderate OSA diagnosed the middle of May the same time the NHS clinic diagnosed exactly the same moderate OSA.
The private study suggested using CPAP and the NHS consultant at the sleep clinic has said they will be trying me with CPAP but I have not had a date from them yet.
So because of the delays I decided to buy a machine myself.
I have bought the Devilbiss IntelliPAP AutoAdjust and been using it for over a week. I have access to the clinical menu so have been trying different settings myself.
My doctor is unable to help with settings and I would have to wait until I receive my next appointment to get help with settings from the NHS sleep clinic which will be weeks ahead. The company who supplied the private home study are not very helpful.
I have the Devilbiss integrated humidifier and have added a heated hose so the air is now comfortable.
I have a full face mask and nasal mask but prefer the full face option of breathing through my mouth.
I have not seen any improvements on any of the settings I have tried and always seem to be awakened at times with the pressure on maximum and need to press ramp to relieve the pressure.
I have tried adjusting the Smartflex and think the minimum relief setting is comfortable and doesn’t let the pressure drop to much.
I now have the Smartlink module and can get a file for the Sleepyhead software and also use a CMS50F oximeter.
The settings on machine when it came min 5 max 15 smartflex 3.
The current settings min 8 max 15 smartflex 1.

Is there anyone who could help me with settings, I can upload sleepyhead printout for analysis.

I can upload results from the private study but don’t have any details of the NHS results.

Thanks

Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new user needing help
More importantly can you upload your Sleepyhead results. Instructions on how to do so are at the top of the page. Once you do that there are a number of people here (I don't include myself) who can help you with your pressure settings.

I'm not sure that pressing ramp is the best option.
Post Reply Post Reply
To keep my file size down what info is not required from the Sleephead results.

ta

Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
someone will be along to give you a link to what is needed and not. You upload just a screen shot and not the whole data set.
most often talked about is: large leaks, flow restrictions, and what is happening at the max pressure your machine seems to be putting you at. In the stats part there will be a 90% or 95% pressure number and that is also of interest.

Since there is a time difference that can delay messages, if you can figure out how to post a screen capture of the above, that will get the ball rolling and they can respond at least in part even if they do ask for more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 11:41 AM)PoolQ Wrote: someone will be along to give you a link to what is needed and not. You upload just a screen shot and not the whole data set.
most often talked about is: large leaks, flow restrictions, and what is happening at the max pressure your machine seems to be putting you at. In the stats part there will be a 90% or 95% pressure number and that is also of interest.

Since there is a time difference that can delay messages, if you can figure out how to post a screen capture of the above, that will get the ball rolling and they can respond at least in part even if they do ask for more.

Thanks I have no problem making screenshots and editing. Because I'm new I need to keep file small so need to know info I can leave out.

ta

Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
pretty much what you need is what I put in the post. You can upload to imgr.com or the like, just modify the link with something like DOT com so the computer does not think it is a link, we humans can figure it out. With sleephead you can drag and drop to reorder the graphs so you can get just the ones you need on the screen.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend using imgur.com to avoid the size limitations here, even after you are no longer "new". You can provide a lot more for us to look at that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've attached last nights readings.
About 2.40 I woke and pressure was continuous on max setting 15 I was breathing normally and then sat on side of bed for 10 mins before I switched machine off and back on then pressure went to 8. The mask was not leaking anywhere only being forced out of breathing holes on front.
I went back to sleep and woke again about 3.45 and it was the same again continuous pressure of 15 mask not leaking other than breathing holes and I was breathing normal. I didn't turn machine off this time just thought I would see how long it took for pressure to drop but after a while I fell asleep.

This has been happening most nights and as said before I was pressing ramp to relieve the pressure.

Also AHI on machine says 8 whereas sleepyhead states 4.37.

ta

Alan

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Alan,
I'm sure the bright folk here will be able to help you when they wake up (-: I know nothing about your brand of machine but I did want to say that one's machine front may say something different than sleepyhead says because it may be breaking down the time differently. My machine, a Resmed A10 (aka S10) cuts off the 24 hour period at 12 noon. So if I wake up at say 2 pm, it's going to only tell me the AHI for the last 2 hours on the display.

It also gives me options I can scroll through that will give me my stats on the front display for last x hours, last week, last month and last year if I so choose to click on those.

I don't know if this is happening to you, greater minds may, but when I was new at cpap, I found that the machine felt like it was doing "run aways" during the night, where it would ramp up so high and so fast and uncomfortably so. I don't know what fixed it precisely, be it time and adjustment or my continuing to fine tune my pressure settings. I expect it was a combination thereof.

Anyway, best of luck.
The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2016, 02:44 AM)TheManseHen Wrote: Hi Alan,
I'm sure the bright folk here will be able to help you when they wake up (-: I know nothing about your brand of machine but I did want to say that one's machine front may say something different than sleepyhead says because it may be breaking down the time differently. My machine, a Resmed A10 (aka S10) cuts off the 24 hour period at 12 noon. So if I wake up at say 2 pm, it's going to only tell me the AHI for the last 2 hours on the display.

It also gives me options I can scroll through that will give me my stats on the front display for last x hours, last week, last month and last year if I so choose to click on those.

I don't know if this is happening to you, greater minds may, but when I was new at cpap, I found that the machine felt like it was doing "run aways" during the night, where it would ramp up so high and so fast and uncomfortably so. I don't know what fixed it precisely, be it time and adjustment or my continuing to fine tune my pressure settings. I expect it was a combination thereof.

Anyway, best of luck.
The Manse Hen

Ahh yes I see when I turned the machine off and on then it started a new session so AHI will be different.

ta

Alan

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  New and Needing Help... ranvanman 12 743 02-17-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Needing some advice.. SleepyWeasel 16 1,542 12-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] seemingly needing way less sleep lately Nintendogeek7065 2 316 10-21-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Pressure] Needing help with pressure setting on APAP. quesadilladaddy 11 1,147 02-16-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.