Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user question about my numbers
RE: new user question about my numbers
The resmed is well worth the exchange. Our experience is that most users experience significantly lower event rates, particularly hypopnea, and prefer the "feel" and comfort of the Resmed. It is capable of a true bilevel pressure deliver with up to 3-cm pressure difference between inhale and exhale. This capability directly addresses upper airway resistance, flow limitation, RERA and hypopnea. It's auto algorithm is best described as "preventive" for obstructive events, while the Philips is more accurately described as "reactive" to obstructive events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I ended up getting the ResMed air sense 10 auto set. I changed the lower setting from 6.0 to 6.5. does this machine run about like the Philips that I switched? People seem to like the ResMed better? Another question I have is can sleep apnea make your throat sore? I've seriously had a sore throat for 6 months. I've had a CAT scan of my throat and it was negative I've had it endoscopy and it was negative and then the sleep study was my last thing to do and of course it was positive. Since using the machine for almost a week, I still cannot tell difference in my throat. Have you ever heard of this or I'm thinking it probably takes the throat a while to heal
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, at some point, I'm hoping you will get the image posting sorted out. It would have been nice to compare the two machines, but no problem. I'm sure you will find the Resmed more comfortable. I have no idea what your settings are other than minimum CPAP pressure. It sounds like you need to optimize humidity as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched to the resmed air sense 10. It's 3:15 a.m. and I can't sleep. Even though the settings in here are the same that were in my Philips dreamstation,it goes up to much higher levels than the dreamstation! Is this normal? It was up to a 12 and 13 and stayed there, but it is set to auto. I was still awake when it went up to.these settings. My Philips machine never did this unless it did when I was asleep. I'm a bit frustrated.  I had to go in and lower it to 10 because it was too much. Do you know why this happened. I think I liked my phillips dream machine better. It was much smoother.  Any thoughts on what's going on?
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
When you get a chance, post a chart. The Autoset does move to higher pressure much faster, and we may need to cap the maximum pressure or set a ramp for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I don't have a chart to post.  Data was supposed to have downloaded to my phone but it has not. It  shows the machine does not have a good internet connection....ugg. It is not in airplane mode, etc. I even moved it into another room closer to router but it only shows one bar. Not sure if that is the problem.

I adjusted the ramp to auto so that I could fall asleep.  It takes me a while...sometimes an hour to fall asleep.  Anyway, it started going up before I fell sleep.  I just know with my dream station whenever I would wake up and check the setting, It was never above 12 or 14.  I was usually between 7 and 9.  It's like this machine would have kept on going to the upper limit set of 16!  I was thinking something was wrong with it.  I could not sleep if it kept blowing at 16. To me, that is a lot of air and I was not even asleep.  Is that good for your throat and lungs?  I wonder why the Dreamstation does not do that.

I know you said the Dreamstation lags behind and I guess the Resmed goes ahead.  But I felt like this was to the extreme.  I could change the settings, but is that ok to do.  Would I get adequate help with apneas? I thought the machine was supposed to "read" and "adjust setting" according to each individual.l.
Thanks!  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I might switch back to Dream Station.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts before I switch back.  Remember I have that sore throat and all that air didn't seem to make it feel well.
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the RESMED Autoset and with the advice of this forum, I have managed to get my AHI to 0.00. I love this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pen123, the information for OSCAR must be uploaded to a computer using the SD card in the machine. There is no internet connection involved. When the machine transmits data for Dreammapper, it uses a phone connection via an internal modem. Again, it does not use a wifi connection of any kind.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, well I won't even get into the reasons, but I ended back up with my Philips dreamstation.  I actually liked the way it felt better. There was something about the Resmed that I didn't like,  Maybe the ramping up and I kept wondering why it wanted to go so high which the Phillips did not do that.

Anyway, believe it or not I did get the information and charts downloaded into OSCAR. Now I just can't figure out how to send them. There is not a "save as" place for me to put them to be able to go back and download them.  I know this is very frustrating to someone like you.  I am just not computer savvy.  I can take pictures with my phone, but even then I'm not sure about downloading them.

The one night I used Resmed, my AHI was o.5 or something like that.  Of course, I laid there most of the night awake...

The last time I used my Dreamstation was Sunday night and my AHI was 1.1.  I had increased the lower setting to 6.5.  I think tonight I will increase it to 7.  Should I decrease the upper level or just leave it alone. The upper limit is 16.
The settings say 90% pressure 8.0, Average CPAP pressure 7.0m 

I have info on my email that the lady at the place where I got my machine sent me  I could forward that maybe to your email?
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
With the Daily page displayed, use View/Take Screenshot (or press F12) to create a screenshot as a PNG file. Then, when you are composing a post here, look below the composition area and you'll see an area for Attachments. Click on Browse to find the image on your computer, then Add Attachment to upload the image. Finally, click on "insert into post" button to put the image in your post.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 194 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 381 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 207 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 197 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 405 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 661 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 317 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.