Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user question about my numbers
RE: new user question about my numbers
I did the screenshot using F12,  and saved it.  I went back and found it and inserted it into the email as an attachments and clicked add attachment. Then insert into post.  It still didn't work?

Thanks for the advise.  I did all that and showed they were ready to be attached, but they would not attach???
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry there are three of the same thing.  I'm also attaching lastnights use of the RESMED.  Guess I should have kept it, looking the data.  But I wasn't able to pull it up and I had such a hard time with the pressure.

Anyway, you can compare.  It might help you help me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it again and it worked!!!  Thank you so much!
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=29415][attachment=29415][attachment=29415][attachment=29416][attachment=29416][attachment=29417][attachment=29417]Images from last night, the 26th with Philips dream machine.

Please let me know what you think I should do. I slept with a cervical collar so did not wear my chin strap. I did wake up some with my mouth open, so I guess I will wear the chin strap.

Thank you.  I finally figured out how to download Wink

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, at a pressure of 6-16 your Philips Auto CPAP predictably stays near the minimum set pressure, but you need more. If you're comfortable with it, increase minimum to 8.0 and let's see if we can clear this up. If you are concerned about higher minimum pressure, then at least 7.0. This will get better, but your Philips just responds to events that already happened, and I'm a bit disappointed you let the Resmed Autoset go.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply. I will try that tonight and post the numbers tomorrow. Yeah I'm disappointed too that I let that other machine go. I just wasn't familiar with it and it was blowing so hard and I couldn't figure out why. At the same time, I had not been able yet to load up the data from it. And it really sent no data to my phone. It is on a monthly rental though, so if we can't get this one to work the way I wanted to, I could always rent that one for a month.

Can you tell me though why the ResMed when my upper number was 16 kept rising to that number? I don't think it needed to be that high. Is that just what it does and then you have to lower the upper pressure? I thought when it was on auto, it just went up to the pressure that it needed
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Did your machine keep wanting to up to high pressure limits even in auto setting?  Did you just lower the upper limit of pressure so it could not do that?  If so, what is your upper limit?

Thank you!
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
We never got a look at the Resmed charts, but the Autoset changes pressure rapidly when flow limitation is present. This is indicative of upper airway resistance or pending obstruction, and the Resmed algorithm responds to it very rapidly. If you look closely at the Flow Rate chart and see flattened or downward sloping peaks, instead of rounded peaks, that is flow limitation, and explains why your Resmed ran away. We mitigate that by limiting the maximum pressure or using EPR which treats flow limits. We know they are likely present, because even your Philips is flagging them, even though it does nothing to respond to them or treat them. You would have been better off with the other machine, but we really didn't get a chance to work with you.

EPR on the Resmed treats flow limitation by increasing pressure during inspiration providing pressure support to keep inspiration flow moving up, overcoming the airway resistance. The result is a normal flow. The Philips has only pressure, which stays the same throughout your inspiration. No pressure support means no help to overcome airway resistance, we only get the pressure to keep the airway from collapsing into an apnea. Pressure support vs pressure only.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached are my new data sheets from last night.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 290 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,015 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 537 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.