Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user question about my numbers
RE: new user question about my numbers
Give us a zoomed image that shows the flow rate at a zoom of 2-3 minutes so the flow wave is visible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this what you need?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Another pic

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a fair example. We see flattened inspiratory flow leading into an arousal. Flow limitation is not severe here but does flatten out. Pressure appears to be increasing a few tenths here, but that does not really show up on the full night. This is pretty early on in your session, so sleep stage may be light here. The time period around 03:30 looks more obstructed.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29449]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, well is that bad?  What do I need to do?
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
How does that compare to the Resmed? I'm still thinking I might can trade back, even though they won't be happy with me.  Really, I don't care. It's my money and my health.  I am renting it monthly through my insurance anyway.

Here is the flow chart for the one night on resmed

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Both of those charts show that you had flow limitation in spite of the 3-cm EPR, and the pressures were at your maximum setting nearly the entire night, resulting in 10/7 pressure (inhale/exhale).  The second chart has an interesting feature where flow limitation let to an arousal and rapid recovery breathing. The pressure actually dropped within 15 seconds, and as the hyperventilation ended, flow limitation was more prominent than before leading into the RERA.  The closeup shows a strong tendency for flow limitation which is likely related to upper airway restriction or nasal congestion. We can't diagnose it from here, but no doubt the bilevel pressure was beneficial.  Both of these CPAPs are designed to increase pressure when flow rate is decreased like this, but the Resmed acts faster, and in this case was limited by the upper bounds of the pressure setting.  When you had the upper limit for pressure set to 16-cm, I have no doubt the machine would seek to take you there.  I don't expect you to pursue bilevel, but in your case 3-cm of pressure support is not enough. You don't have apnea, and bilevel pressure with lower EPAP and higher pressure support would likely be your ideal solution.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29454]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply. 

Can you put that in layman's terms.  I'm sorry, I can't quite follow what you said.  I'm still a newbie Wink
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, you said I don't have apnea. What do you mean by that?
Thanks!
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I have the Philips respironics Dream Station right now. Should I change any settings. The upper limit is 16 and it does not even go up to that.

If the Resmed would have gone to 16, why wouldn't the Dreamstation? Is it because the Resmed tries to get ahead of the apenas and the Dreamstation does not?

Also, there are a few posts of mine before this one.

Thanks.

Overall, how do you think the dreamstation is doing? Is it good enough not to switch back to the Resmed? I hate confrontation with the machine people. But I can do it if you think there is that much of difference.
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 350 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 602 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 290 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,014 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 537 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.