Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user question about my numbers
RE: new user question about my numbers
With the Resmed, your event rate was so low as to be virtually nonexistent. With only one ca and two H events apnea was no longer a real concern, and what I meant is that you could focus on other things because apnea is not a problem. Your more recent charts with the Philips, not so much, but the event rate is still pretty low. What I wanted to see was the extent of the flow limitation. It is mild to moderate, and likely affects your sleep quality.

Before I try to translate my previous post to simpler terms, take a look at the Wiki I wrote, and see if we made things more clear there. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...limitation
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to attach my chart from last night.  I can download it, save it, choose the file and it shows up on my message at the bottom.  However, the ATTACH is not on the right of the bottom screen which I normally would press.  Any idea on why that is?  I have only used 1.23 MB of my attachment data. (Hopefully, this will show up on the bottom of this reply and you can see what I am talking about).

Anyway, I can only give you what my phone says.  Maybe you can tell me what the problem is and why I cannot attach things today?

AHI   1

90% pressure 9.4

Average CPAP pressure 8.3

Minimum pressure was moved up to 8

I also changed my Flex Mode from 3 to 2.  I lowered my humidity because I felt like I couldn't breath with the warm air.  I like to feel the cool air...lol

Thank you!

Well, I see one attached.  I'll try 2 more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Over all this looks good.  You had some events and the only way to get rid of some is to move the min up...  I would go up 1 more and see if that helps with events.  But the main thing you need to focus on is how you are feeling.  The number is low enough that how you are feeling is the most important thing now.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider said my flow limitation was mild to moderate and may be effecting my sleep. What settings should I adjust and to what number. I have A flex and the flex is sat at 2.
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Like I said in my last post I would suggest you raise the min by 1
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with Philips CPAP is that the only tool in the box is pressure. Withe Resmed we get bilevel pressure up to 3-cm in the form of EPR. Stacey is right. An increase in pressure is all you have.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I turned up my min pressure to 9. I've slowly been going up. Anyway, I noticed I've had some RERAs which from what I read is when you arouse because of lack of oxygen. Anyway, I noticed on the one night of resmed use, there were a good many of those marked on the chart.  Then there were some marked on my chart using the Dreamstation last night.  Is that odd?  Are those supposed to be happening.  I would think since Resmed is so good, they would not be happening or is it just a matter of adjusting something on the Resmed?  I ask this question because I am still thinking about going back to the supplier and trying to switch back to the Resmed.

Attached is the pic from the one night use of Resmed and the second attachment is from last night with the Dreamstation.

Thank you!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
You only had the ResMed for 1 night and did not have a chance to optimize therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to figure out how to zoom out your screen resolution to include more information on a chart. If you use a touchpad, you can probably use a gesture, by hovering the cursor over the charts or left column and then "pinching" to get more view-space. On a computer with a mnouse, use Ctrl + scroll-wheel. There are other techniques. We really need to get more information in view so we can see what the flow limitations are doing.

On the RERA, those are respiratory effort related arousals. When you zoom into the vent, you should see a decreasing flow rate with flattening of the inspiratory wave leading to an arousal indicated by a significant increase in flow rate. From what I can see of your charts, your minimum pressure is too low. At 6.6 pressure you can't even fit the full EPR of 3. An absolute minimum of pressure you should be using is 7.0, and in my opinion you need 9.0 pressure to stop the RERA and flow limitation that is causing it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Are you talking about the Philips dreamstation? My pressure is up to 9. I changed it also on my profile just now. I'll see if I can zoom in on chart
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 115 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 291 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,016 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 537 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.