Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user question about my numbers
RE: new user question about my numbers
I was looking at your most recent charts. One has a minimum at 6.6 (Resmed) and the other has 8.5 as minimum pressure. I was mainly looking at the Resmed chart and the need to increase pressure indicated by that chart. 9.0 looks good to me as a minimum pressure for either machine. Part of my comment was a complaint, that it is very hard to get a complete picture of your therapy with the resolution you are using for a screen-shot. It is barely VGA with a height of 646 px and width of 1076 px. I guess I'm spoiled using a screen resolution of 2560 x 1600 on my own computer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry.  You've been very helpful and I'm doing the best I can. 

On another note, I still have a sore throat somewhat for most of the day.  I've had a sore throat for 6 months.  It's all in my first post.  I was hoping the machine would help.  Anyway, I might post this on a different thread.  I think that's how it works.

Anyway, these shots are the best I can do.  This is from my dreamstation

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a major improvement in the charts! I didn't mean to pick on you, but it's really hard to try to get a full-picture of therapy, when most of is is not included. That resolved the left side. Do the same to the right side and you can fit several more charts. I know this is off-topic, but what did you do to accomplish the greater area for your graphs? I'm thinking of adding this to the wiki for Organizing charts.

I think posting about your chronic sore throat in a separate thread might be a good idea. It sounds like it is unrelated to the CPAP therapy itself. Have you considered it might be post-nasal drip? If so, I found Flonase gave me good long-term relief without the rebound of other nasal medications. Anyway, PND is a common cause for sore throat, and it can be a problem with CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What did I do to make greater area for my graphs? You mean how only 3 rows fit on the page? That's just how it is.  I can't figure out how to make all the rows FIT on one page. Do you know how I can get all the charts to fit on one page?  I see other people's posts and all the graphs are on one page.  Is that what you mean? If not, let me know.

I took pics of the right side of graph.

Can you tell anything by this?

The sore throat.  I don't know. But it is very frustrating.  I've had it for 6 months. I've had a CAT scan of my neck and endoscopy. Then I had sleep study.  I have read that apneas can cause contents of your stomach acid to come up into your throat and make your throat sore.  I don't know.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's try this for your graphs. While looking at a Daily Chart view, go to File/Preference/Appearance in the menu. You will see a graph height number. Decrease the value of that setting until 4 or 5 charts are visible. Let me know what you started with and ended with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Graphs went kind of crazy.  Trying to send.

Computer will let me "choose file" and I find it and it shows up on oscar but the "attach" which is usually on the left is not there.  Oh well, I will try later.

Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it.  Now I have to decide if I want to confront the lady at the medical supply place about switching out to a Resmed.  I hate confrontation, but sometimes I guess it has to happen.

Will post as to what I decided to do.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
The last graph I sent was 110.

This one is at 80

This one is at 200

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Not so good. I just wanted to see what your results would be if you did decrease graph height. The fonts' don't work and lots of problems. Thanks for playing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Now I'm trying to get the chart to go back to what it was and it won't. but hopefully I'll figure it out. I was able to trade out and get the ResMed airsense 10. I need to change my profile. The settings I put on it were maximum 12 minimum five humidity three
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Pen, I think you should setup the new Autoset with minimum pressure 7.0, maximum pressure 12.0, EPR full-time, EPR 3. You will need the minimum pressure to create the 7/4 pressure (inhale/exhale), and to start in your therapeutic window. I'm sure it will work much better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 117 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 291 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,017 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 537 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.