Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user question about my numbers
RE: new user question about my numbers
I know this is a common problem.  My tubing starting gurgling in the middle of the night.  Scared me. Took it off.  Took the mask off the tubing and let the water drain out of tube. I had turned up the humidity to 5 at the beginning of the night and temperature was 70.  My room is cold and I like it that way.  I don't like feeling the warm air up my nose either. I turned up the humidity because the morning after I ran it at 3 humidity, I blew out some blood.  Just a little.  Sure nose was dry.

So now I'm curious if I should set it to auto?

My numbers were not as good last night.  I guess they will be up and down of course.  I had a lot of clear apneas.  Are those dangerous?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
You did fine until your sleep was disrupted by the gurgling. That is why the CA happened. Condensation will happen when the tube wall cools to the dew point. You can heat the tube, cover it with a fleece cover, and even route the tube upward so water drains back to the machine. A heated tube does not heat the air. There is far too much airflow in the tube (24-30 L/min) for a tube wall at 80-degrees F to change the temperature. So turn on or turn up your heated tube if you have it. If you don't have a heated tube get a tube cover. It's more comfortable, quieter and helps with condensation. The Auto climate controls deliver a bit less humidity, but will work better than what you're doing now. Using any humidity in a very cold room without a heated or covered tube will result in condensation on auto or manual controls.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. I do have a heated tube. I'll probably turn it to auto and order a fleece cover for it! Thanks.
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like my Snugglehose tube cover. I just bought it to replace one I had for 8 years and had gotten more scratchy. The tube cover is the best money you will spend on CPAP therapy and tames that plastic snake into a soft puppy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered the snugglehose cover.

Not a great last night.  I was restless.  No water in tube though.  I turned on the automatic humidifier.

I did try to sleep on my back a little, but I know that I should try not to.  Sometimes, I just have to.  I know that increases apneas.

I'm not sure what was up last night.  Sometimes, I just don't sleep well.  Things on my mind..

Should I just stay with settings and let things go.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks pretty good aside from brief time of periodic breathing associated with the CA events. We are missing a view of the whole night with the standard view of events, flow, pressure, flow limits, so it's not possible to relate the close up charts with changes in the machine. Most of it looks very good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
More of the chart.  I guess I would like to be below 1. But I know 1.something is still good .

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Still trying to get my charts to show on one page...not there yet, but they may be better.

Does this view help at all?

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
All we need is the events, flow rate, pressure, flow limit and leaks. Hopefully you will feel less restless tonight.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
OMG, I slept great last night!  Felt so good!

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 119 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 293 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 512 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 539 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.