Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user wants advice
set up my cpap machine myself i had high AHI now very low.are my setting ok or do i need to change anything.have a screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
First, your results are very good for just starting out. I'd rather see charts becasues it lets us correlate the events with things like pressure, snores, flow limits, etc. Based on the summary stats, I think you'd be better off with a staring pressure of 6.0. Your current minimum pressure of 4.0 probably leaves you a bit air-starved until the machine ramps up, and you will find the higher starting point not only more comfortable, but it will help prevent some of the events you're currently having. I would guess this change alone will further cut your total AHI to about 1.0. A higher starting pressure not only gives your machine a head start on obstructive events, but it helps prevent the machine from dropping below your effective therapeutic range and avoids unnecessary pressure fluctuation during the night. You certainly don't need your maximum pressure of 20, and could drop that to 14 or 15, however it doesn't make much difference as the machine only goes as high as necessary to resolve flow limits and snores.

Well done, and hopefully things continue to go well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks.i will take your advice and see how it goes.thank you again
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Gazz,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Advice for sleep doc appt. mountainbird 5 156 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Advice Would be So Appreciated [w/ travel CPAP choice] tish 5 143 3 hours ago
Last Post: tish
  advice on setting up an auto-bipap bob simons 15 9,286 Yesterday, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] New CPAP user (almost) [equipment questions] CZOscar 11 348 10-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Last Post: CZOscar
  BiPAP Induced Central Apneas for New User (help)? STB123 30 779 10-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Last Post: STB123
  Sleepyhead Results (New User) jrdnduvall 13 373 10-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: jrdnduvall
Question [Pressure] New CPAP user. Need some advice. streetwolf 56 1,525 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Last Post: streetwolf