Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transfer Settings from Philips Dreamstation to Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Transfer Settings from Philips Dreamstation to Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Hi All,

New member here.

So I have been using Dreamstation for about 3.5 years now after being diagnosed with sleep apnea. It took about 6 months going back and forth with Dr/Tech to dial in the following settings I use to this date:

Auto bipap 
min pressure 6 
max pressure 16 
Humid adaptive level 2 
Ramp time 0:30 
Ramp start 4 
A-flex 3 
Tube type 15 
Mask type x2 (pillows)

Last 30 day average: 
AHI 5.2 
90% Pressure 10.1

I am not gonna lie, the dreamstation has treated me well but now with foamgate I am looking at getting an aircurve Vauto this week. Looking at the Aircurve 10, the settings menu do not appear to correlate with Dreamstation. Based off the settings I took from my Dreamstation above, what settings would you recommend I input into the Aircurve?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transfer Settings from Philips Dreamstation to Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
If used a Factory Reset so all settings are in default
Mode: VAuto
Min EPAP 6
max IPAP 16
PS = 4 (you did not mention)
Mask Pillow
Tube ClimiteLine (Heated)
Ramp, always prefer OFF Time 30 Pressure 4

Post and adjust from there, the ResMed WILL feel different.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board,

To see settings, and to adjust any pressure, you'll need to access the Clinical Menu. On ResMed, this is holding the Home button and the Dial in for about 5 seconds. You should now see your Clinical Menu.

I'd suggest with settings you're used to from the Respironics, try Mode it may be VPAP Auto or VAuto, then you can try the same pressures of 6-16 and PS 4 for now. Flex is a Respironics item, it won't be found on ResMed's.

I also suggest getting OSCAR, the free detailed data tool you use in conjunction with your PC, an SD card, and your PAP. Use a standard SD card, of SD or SDHC, any brand, of 2-32 GB capacity. The SD slot is under the rubber door on the top left side of your ResMed PAP.

Also get your copy of the CPAP Setup Manual for your exact PAP, the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto. Here's the link. https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Note the Ramp on ResMed's will begin every time you turn on therapy. There's no dedicated Ramp button. I suggest you try to go without Ramp, it reduces overall therapy time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2021, 06:23 PM)Gideon Wrote: PS = 4 (you did not mention)

He is currently using A-Flex 3 which I believe is PS around 2 cm. Nothing to indicate bilevel or higher PS is required, just seems to be leaning towards vauto because it is a more capable machine than autoset. 

I would start at PS of 3 and titrate from there as necessary. There are some differences between the different manufacturers/machines so always best to start a bit lower and work your way up to adequate teratment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I then misinterpreted as the top of his settings is Auto BiPAP.
PS=4 simply because that is the default initial setting for BiLevel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the feedback and recommendations.

I will give it a shot on the weekend then report back differences between two models.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.