Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

newbie battery question- time sensitive
RE: newbie battery question- time sensitive
Hi Dogwood1447,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy and, have a nice trip.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
First, any humidifier with heat will just drain the battery, so if you can run it with water in the humidifier but no heat you will be better off. Next, it isn't an ASV machine per se that depletes the battery. Battery depletion is more a function of pressure levels - higher the pressures the more current drain, the shorter the battery usefulness. (ASV users probably generally have higher pressures, so it is thought the ASV has a shorter battery life.) You actually have fairly low pressure levels. There is a chart that I saw several years ago that could be used to estimate the battery life at different pressure levels. I do not remember where I found it, but you should be able to search around and find it. It may have been a Respironics chart, not sure - or maybe one of the suppliers.
Post Reply Post Reply
How long is your flight?

Post Reply Post Reply
This flight is only six hours but in general, I want a battery that would at least last through one eight-hour night.

Thanks to everyone who has responded!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, was curious. I have a couple of 13-15 hour flights coming up, and intend to try to use cpap via the power outlets in the seat.
(I searched hard and found a good deal on a business class seat that will give me room to sleep as well as other amenities, including access to airport lounges I can probably plug into and nap a few hours on long layovers.)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 66 1,047 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 83 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 181 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 122 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 267 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.