Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: newbie has question about APAP/ CPAP
Hi Katrina. I used to have dreadful insomnia associated with fibromyalgia. Since being on the hose I've found I get to sleep far more quickly and easily. Hopefully this will be the same for you.

As for the hose issue when turning over, you might like to try a hose lift. There are various different types but basically it's just a gadget to hold the hose above your head so that you can move around without being tangled. Here's a recent thread, and there are many more in the forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Hose-Holder

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-29-2015 04:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
cate1898 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One 560BT Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10's/backup-DreamWear
Humidifier: PR attached
CPAP Pressure: 8.5 - 13. A-Flex 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Began CPAP Therapy Sept. 11, 2015. Hx Hypertension, Post Graves Disease, chronic migraines.

Sex: Female

RE: newbie has question about APAP/ CPAP
Hi Katrinae and welcome to ApneaBoard, the best forum out there for friendly and helpful advice from users like yourself!!

You mentioned that your AHI for the past 10 days has been around .9. That is a very good number! Hopefully you can sort out why the numbers went up to 3.6.

I used to be an insomniac thanks in great part to many years of shiftwork and a stressful job, and getting therapy has helped a lot with that. Hopefully therapy will help you with that too!

I myself am in Canada and about 2 months ahead of you in therapy. Yes, Canada has different rules. What province are you in? I think each province varies in rules about CPAP/Auto CPAP.

If you're in Ontario like myself, unless your sleep lab tests show particular results, you will not qualify for an Auto CPAP. Apparently the doctors must prescribe accordingly. And if an Auto CPAP is the machine you want, then the only way you will get one is to buy it yourself outright.

I am still on my loaner machine and do not qualify for Auto CPAP. I have on loan and also intend to buy a ResMed AirSense 10 Elite which is a fixed CPAP machine that is fully data capable.

My first mask was the ResMed Swift FX which was pretty good until I tried the P10's. Much more comfortable and easier to stay put on your head. That seems to be the current most popular mask for nasal pillows.

Best of luck with your therapy. Stick with it, your health depends on it!

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
10-29-2015 06:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Medicare Advantage Coverage for APAP Evie 3 184 11-30-2016 08:22 PM
Last Post: Mike1953
  cpap and apap not effictive Ezil71 109 3,103 11-05-2016 11:19 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Question using PayPal to buy cpap from craigslist Lanco 19 941 10-19-2016 10:49 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Unable to clear throat while on APAP NorthernGuy 5 307 10-17-2016 08:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apap I_will_never_sleep_again 2 277 10-14-2016 02:58 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] Newbie - CPAP Settings Racman 4 372 10-12-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: Racman
  Travel to Australia with Apap. Newbee2016 10 533 09-24-2016 12:06 PM
Last Post: SharonN