Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

newbie- help with interpreting data
newbie- help with interpreting data
hi all-- just wanted to see if everything looked good with my data. still not feeling much benefit but wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything. 3 photos attached

thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: newbie- help with interpreting data
Do you have the sense that you sleep soundly during the night?

I see from a previous thread that you had COVID a year ago. Any chance you are experiencing "long COVID"?

Also, you mentioned a central tremor. Has your neurologist discussed with you any connection between that and your mixed apnea?

Finally, are you receiving a work-up for other possible causes of your continuing fog and fatigue?
Post Reply Post Reply
Has there been any concrete answer why you may be on a specialized PAP, the ST? With nearly equal CA and OA presented in another thread on your diagnostic test, unless you have a respiratory disease, ASV is the best answer not ST.

Regardless of machine, and whether you're on the right or wrong one, build yourself a stack of info containing symptoms and complaints unaddressed currently and make your doctor aware you're not yet satisfied, assuming that's accurate.

Again if it's CA along with other Apnea, ASV is the right answer. And if needing ASV applies and doc is reluctant, you'll need to fire and replace with one that does understand. This situation can sometimes take years to fix, I know firsthand. So the sooner this starts headed the right way, the sooner you're crossing the finish line.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes i sleep like a rock. Unfortunately i was diagnosed with post COVID syndrome which is mainly fatigue. I was hopeful that the machine would help that but I am losing hope now after being consistent for 6 weeks. I have had a clear brain and heart MRI so neurologists suggest it’s not related. Had lots of bloodwork etc. Would love your thoughts on it

I asked my sleep doctor and she said the Bipap is treating it perfectly per the data so she would not consider ASV. Do you think i should find someone new and try and push for that? The data looks good from the ST but don’t feel much better. Do you think ASV could help more? She only suggested maybe trying modafinil.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not competent to advise re your neurologist's diagnostic explanation or your long COVID, but I sure do have sympathy for your predicament.

Any chance your doctor would arrange for you to try out an ASV, just in case it works better for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, it’s been a tough road! I am going to get second opinion from another clinic to see if they will let me try ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I despise sleep studies and Titration tests, but this is maybe an acceptable reason to ask for Titration with ASV. If of course insurance will pay.

Alternate is to rent or otherwise borrow an ASV and find out if therapy is better. And I think you'd notice reasonably fast, like 3 days maybe less, if it's better or not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BiLevels treat by managing pressure to preclude FUTURE events.
ASV maintain constant volume to stop event on the CURRENT breath and are specifically designed to treat Central Apnea of any type
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you- pressure wise do I use the same pressure or how does that work?

Thank you so if I have mixed/complex apnea ASV may be the best? Are pressure the same on ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure support is altered on the fly as needed to maintain volume (Minute Vent). If a breath does not start PS is raised to initiate a breath.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 107 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 134 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 101 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 141 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.