Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

newbie need help checking SpO2 graphs
newbie need help checking SpO2 graphs
I suspect I have sleep apnea problem as my wife keep telling me that. At least she keep complaining about my snoring that's for sure... Sleep-on-pillow 
I bought the CMS-50F and record 4 nights. Hope to hear some experienced guys' opinion on the attachment graphs. Thanks !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: newbie need help checking SpO2 graphs
(05-10-2018, 07:41 PM)mavs88 Wrote: I suspect I have sleep apnea problem as my wife keep telling me that. At least she keep complaining about my snoring that's for sure... Sleep-on-pillow 
I bought the CMS-50F and record 4 nights. Hope to hear some experienced guys' opinion on the attachment graphs. Thanks !

There is no way to accurately diagnose sleep apnea from pulse oximeter data. You could, however, see if your oxygen saturation drops significantly during sleep hours. Because of the inaccuracy of a pulse-oximeter due to movements during sleep, it is a "suggestive" tool rather than a "diagnostic" tool.

I suggest you consult your physician about sleep apnea and schedule either an in-home or in-lab sleep test.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Your wife is probably the better measurement of what's going on. If she sees you stop breathing or pauses in breathing than you probably want to bring it to your Doctor's attention.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Any way to show the report in a 2 hour format rather than the full time frame?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 134 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 397 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,045 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.