Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

newbie, starting to get it
newbie, starting to get it
hi guys, I am a newbie and have been using for just one week now..
tried the full ,mask (resmed quattro fx) and it seems ok especially if you have nights where just cannot seem to breathe thru nose only..
My sleep doc has me on a weekly visit for the next 4 weeks fot adjustems and hire of the PR remstar auto machine with humidifier and heated pipe
I think the machine is good and I like the auto and ramp features.

I downloaded "sleepyhead" and configured the software, and it appears to have read the model. and serial number data, but no daily data was found. However when I went to the sleepdoc appontment. she put in the SD card on her PC and showed me the weeks data for review ?
The import-data path is at the root of the sd card (or a copy of it)
anyone got any idea why no daily data was found ??

I have adjusted the start and max pressures in my machine myself, after the first two nights caused me yo wake up all "puffed up" and drowning in air.. could not exhale.. Since then I have slowly adjusted the max pressure up to about 15 now, and this I can tolerate.
The doc was not happy that I had been adjusting the pressure.. but i explained that I needed to fully understand the machine if I was to use it long term.. etc. Oh-jeez
She showed me where the average best therapy pressure was graphed and now I know that it seems that my best air flow is from about 14 ..

anyway, hopefully I can find some software to use with this machine, and therefore verify that the therapy is working and see the daily results...
is there any other free software that will work with my machine ??

great forum btw guys...
My wife has just done her sleep study test, and is waiting in the results.. so hopefully we will end up with the same machines etc..
pity they do not make a his & hers cpap machine !!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: newbie, starting to get it
(04-25-2013, 09:42 PM)chansen1953 Wrote: I downloaded "sleepyhead" and configured the software, and it appears to have read the model. and serial number data, but no daily data was found. However when I went to the sleepdoc appontment. she put in the SD card on her PC and showed me the weeks data for review ?
The import-data path is at the root of the sd card (or a copy of it)
anyone got any idea why no daily data was found ??

If you have a Respironics "60" machine you have to apply the patch to Sleepyhead. The patch basically involves downloading a new .exe file and using it to replace your original one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi chansen1953,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

You're in the right place!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 74 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 80 Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 104 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 895 Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 171 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Starting Again wxmcpo 10 141 04-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.