Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

newly diagnosed-resmed question
newly diagnosed-resmed question
Gday from Australia,
I am newly diagnosed. Very severe (51 apnena`s per hour)lowest oxygen 78%.
I just started on resmed airsense 10 auto.
I have been using the machine 3 nights
I have a cold ( got it a night before using the machine)
results each night are APH 10, APH2.3, APH 5
The first night it was set to nasal mask when I used a full face so I reset it the next day after discovering this.
1-Does my cold affect sleep report results on the machine?I haven't used any software yet as for a month I go back every week and they download stuff.I will start myself after the month is up. I have only been viewing the information on the resmed screen.
2-If I use the machine and it takes a while to fall asleep I assume this brings the APH percentage down as the machine can not determine whether I am asleep and not having an apnea.
When I had my 2.3 reading(it was 3.3) in the middle of the night and I was awake for a while with the mask on so I assume the reading went down to 2.3 by the morning because of my wakefulness with the mask during the night.
I felt better the day of the 2.3 result and its only a new day for the 5 result so will be able to determine more as the day goes on.
Thank you for listening any tip and hints most welcome, link to relevant threads if this has already been discussed. With kind regards
Mumma dee
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: newly diagnosed-resmed question
Hi mummadee,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, to help you understand sleep apnea and CPAP therapy.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Welcome to apneaboard. We have quite a few Aussies on the forum.
Since you're only 3 night's in, the main thing is to use the machine.

Sometimes folks have a few pressure induced centrals when they first start; and they abate in short order.
You are correct that the machine cannot know when you are awake. When awake, breathing control is not on "autopilot" as it is when asleep.
So, false apneas may be scored during wakefulness.

You are off to a good start; if at some point you choose to use software to delve into your therapy, it is available.
BTW -- which auto do you have? Check lower right and see if it says Autoset or? Please put that in your profile so all will know which specific machine you have.

Good catch on the mask setting.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mummadee and welcome to the forum!

Keep at your therapy and I encourage you to download the SleepyHead software to help monitor your treatment. Link is at the top of each page.

Good luck and keep us posted!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 327 3 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 54 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,805 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.