Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit N10
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
night 4 drippy
so, I felt some water drips on my nose- I had to keep lifting the mask to wipe it off--
somehow that doesn't sound normal and helpful for a restful sleep?
01-13-2015 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: night 4 drippy
(01-13-2015 01:18 PM)cookie810 Wrote:  so, I felt some water drips on my nose- I had to keep lifting the mask to wipe it off--

Several fixes for rainout. First, was there condensation in the hose as well as the mask? if there was,the next question is, do you have the climateline tubing? If climateline, turn the humidification down and/or the temperature up,

If no climateline tubing, the easiest thing is to turn the humidification down if that does not cause other problems. Increasing the temperature in your bedroom can help if that is possible. You can make or buy or get from your DME an insulating sleeve for the hose. People have used old socks, old towels, etc. to wrap the length of the hose. I used self adhesive elastic bandage on one hose (was not great but worked OK). You could get the climateline tubing from any supplier and I think it works great. I no longer have to mess with my hoses and sleeves and humidifier setting.

If the condensation is only in the mask with no condensation in the hose then the moisture is coming from your breath. Fashioning some sort of insulating material to cover the mask could help. You would need to be very careful not to let the vent holes become covered at any time. The other cure would be to sleep with the mask or your whole head under the covers. You will get a plentiful supply of fresh air from the CPAP unless, of course, you have the CPAP under the covers too. Laugh-a-lotOh-jeez You would need to ensure that the covers do not block the mask vent but otherwise there should be no problem.

I like using the Climateline the best. It works great for me and I use a lot of humidity and a very cool bedroom in the winter.

Have fun. Sleep-well

Best Regards,

PaytonA
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 05:06 PM by PaytonA.)
01-13-2015 02:37 PM
Mr. Van Winkle Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: Airsense
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: night 4 drippy
(01-13-2015 02:37 PM)PaytonA Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 01:18 PM)cookie810 Wrote:  so, I felt some water drips on my nose- I had to keep lifting the mask to wipe it off--

Several fixes for rainout. First, was there condensation in the hose as well as the mask? if there was,the next question is, do you have the climateline tubing? If climateline, turn the humidification down and/or the temperature up,

If no climateline tubing, the easiest thing is to turn the humidification down if that does not cause other problems. Increasing the temperature in your bedroom can help if that is possible. You can make or buy or get from your DME an insulating sleeve for the hose. People have used old socks, old towels, etc. to wrap the length of the hose. I used self adhesive elastic bandage on one hose (was not great but worked OK). You could get the climateline tubing from any supplier and I think it works great. I no longer have to mess with my hoses and sleeves and humidifier setting.

If the condensation is only in the mask with no condensation in the hose then the moisture is coming from your breath. Fashioning some sort of insulating material to cover the mask could help. You would need to be very careful not to let the vent holes become covered at any time. The other cure would be to sleep with the mask or your whole head under the covers. You will get a plentiful supply of fresh air from the CPAP unless, of course, you have the CPAP under the covers too. Laugh-a-lotOh-jeez You would need to ensure that the covers do not block the mask vent but otherwise there should be no problem.

I like using the Climateline the best. It works great for me and I use a lot of humidity and a very cool bedroom in the winter.

Have fun. Sleep-well[/b][/u]

Best Regards,

PaytonA

+1 the Climateline hose did the trick for me also,
cookie810 I have the same machine you do, I run my humidity/climateline heated hose on auto with great success , I have the room set at 63 degree for night time, only on a rear occasion do I have rainout and it only in the mask not the tube.
01-13-2015 04:52 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,329 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 821 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....??? GrammaBear 3 738 01-28-2016 01:39 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  First night behind me - 2nd night update - mostly Centrals? worn_out_in_lebanon 19 4,465 03-21-2015 11:11 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  0.0 Events Last Night - Night #7 Sparkle 4 1,793 01-20-2015 09:47 PM
Last Post: Sparkle
  Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night dozydave 2 1,148 01-19-2015 02:46 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Confusing night last night retired_guy 11 3,255 01-16-2015 06:43 PM
Last Post: Eurika