Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

night 4 drippy
night 4 drippy
so, I felt some water drips on my nose- I had to keep lifting the mask to wipe it off--
somehow that doesn't sound normal and helpful for a restful sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: night 4 drippy
(01-13-2015, 01:18 PM)cookie810 Wrote: so, I felt some water drips on my nose- I had to keep lifting the mask to wipe it off--

Several fixes for rainout. First, was there condensation in the hose as well as the mask? if there was,the next question is, do you have the climateline tubing? If climateline, turn the humidification down and/or the temperature up,

If no climateline tubing, the easiest thing is to turn the humidification down if that does not cause other problems. Increasing the temperature in your bedroom can help if that is possible. You can make or buy or get from your DME an insulating sleeve for the hose. People have used old socks, old towels, etc. to wrap the length of the hose. I used self adhesive elastic bandage on one hose (was not great but worked OK). You could get the climateline tubing from any supplier and I think it works great. I no longer have to mess with my hoses and sleeves and humidifier setting.

If the condensation is only in the mask with no condensation in the hose then the moisture is coming from your breath. Fashioning some sort of insulating material to cover the mask could help. You would need to be very careful not to let the vent holes become covered at any time. The other cure would be to sleep with the mask or your whole head under the covers. You will get a plentiful supply of fresh air from the CPAP unless, of course, you have the CPAP under the covers too. Laugh-a-lotOh-jeez You would need to ensure that the covers do not block the mask vent but otherwise there should be no problem.

I like using the Climateline the best. It works great for me and I use a lot of humidity and a very cool bedroom in the winter.

Have fun. Sleep-well

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: night 4 drippy
(01-13-2015, 02:37 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 01:18 PM)cookie810 Wrote: so, I felt some water drips on my nose- I had to keep lifting the mask to wipe it off--

Several fixes for rainout. First, was there condensation in the hose as well as the mask? if there was,the next question is, do you have the climateline tubing? If climateline, turn the humidification down and/or the temperature up,

If no climateline tubing, the easiest thing is to turn the humidification down if that does not cause other problems. Increasing the temperature in your bedroom can help if that is possible. You can make or buy or get from your DME an insulating sleeve for the hose. People have used old socks, old towels, etc. to wrap the length of the hose. I used self adhesive elastic bandage on one hose (was not great but worked OK). You could get the climateline tubing from any supplier and I think it works great. I no longer have to mess with my hoses and sleeves and humidifier setting.

If the condensation is only in the mask with no condensation in the hose then the moisture is coming from your breath. Fashioning some sort of insulating material to cover the mask could help. You would need to be very careful not to let the vent holes become covered at any time. The other cure would be to sleep with the mask or your whole head under the covers. You will get a plentiful supply of fresh air from the CPAP unless, of course, you have the CPAP under the covers too. Laugh-a-lotOh-jeez You would need to ensure that the covers do not block the mask vent but otherwise there should be no problem.

I like using the Climateline the best. It works great for me and I use a lot of humidity and a very cool bedroom in the winter.

Have fun. Sleep-well[/b][/u]

Best Regards,

PaytonA

+1 the Climateline hose did the trick for me also,
cookie810 I have the same machine you do, I run my humidity/climateline heated hose on auto with great success , I have the room set at 63 degree for night time, only on a rear occasion do I have rainout and it only in the mask not the tube.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,111 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,236 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.