Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

night 5
night 5
So I went to bed at 9am ( I have to be at work by 7), Usually I go to bed between 9-10 but I was feeling tired so I went-
Must have fallen asleep by 930 and the next thing I knew, I woke up , it was 3am-- very shocked- I don't usually sleep like that- so that was pretty good! I just need to work on the water getting into the mask- that is annoying- I will have to keep adjusting- and I am going to get nasal pillows today to try those out-

starting to feel hopeful that I will know what it means to feel "refreshed" one day!!!Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: night 5
Hi cookie

Oh wait the best is yet to come with your sleep. A suggestion on water in the mask, check your settings on your machine, if you set the humidity to auto the machine does all the work for you. Mine is set to auto with a tube temperature of 80. But explore the temperature of your climate line hose to see if you like it cooler or warmer. By setting to auto on humidity the machine keeps the mask at 80% humidity so you should have just a slight amount of condensation from your exhaled breath on the inside of the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried auto- for some reason that makes it harder for me to breathe out- I don't know if its my imagination, but when I switched it back to manual, it felt easier- my tube temp is also 80-
thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck! I am just now starting my third week of CPAP therapy and was actually able to get a full night's sleep less than a week later. However, there have been some stumbling blocks along the way. Monday night I went to bed at my usual time and barely got any sleep at all during the night. Try as I might, I just couldn't get a decent seal on my nasal pillows. By morning I felt like I had been hit by a freight train and had to take the day off. In fact, I felt worse than in the past when I had similar nights before I started my CPAP therapy. I tried taking a nap with the CPAP in the afternoon, concentrating on maintaining a good seal and controlling my breath rate (I find that controlling my breath rate is a challenge but makes all the difference). It seemed to work- I think I slept perhaps a half hour (couldn't really tell as I didn't dream), but when I woke up, I found that my breathing was "sync"-ing with the machine and it felt so much better.

Last night I wasn't going to take any chances so I took a Temazepam at bedtime and this morning I feel great. I don't see any problems with using a sleeping pill when I have a problem like that (I only take one when needed, which averages out to one a week at most).

I am on auto as well and can't change it until I go for my follow up next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's odd because the temperature settings have nothing to do with pressure or pressure relief (EPR) if your using it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,341 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,234 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,201 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.