Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

no dreams
no dreams
This may be stupid question, but does anyone not dream when your CPAP machine is on...dreaming all the time before my Resmed, but none now, seems strange to me!Thinking-about
"Keep on a keeping on" Riki
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: no dreams

I don't dream.. not one bit. Well, if I do dream I sure don't remember them. I just pass out and stay in one spot now for 8 to 9 hours.... don't even move.

(08-18-2014, 02:29 PM)Roxie60 Wrote: This may be stupid question, but does anyone not dream when your CPAP machine is on...dreaming all the time before my Resmed, but none now, seems strange to me!Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe that's it, I don't remember them, thanks Snuffles!
"Keep on a keeping on" Riki
Post Reply Post Reply
I would think that if your CPAP is allowing you to get a better, deeper sleep, you would have dreams or more of them. It is my understanding that most dreams occur in the 4th stage of REM sleep- but you have to get there first. If you are not sleeping well I would surmise you are also not having dreams. Of course, everyone if different with some people dreaming often or not at all even if they are sleeping well. Just my thoughts on this.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people have more dreams on CPAP, some have less. It doesn't seem to mean much which category you fall in.

You may be having dreams but don't remember them. If you wake up suddenly, you tend to remember dreams better than if you wake up and lay there in a half sleepy state. It also matters what sleep stage you were in when you wake up. You also remember better if you think about the dream right after you wake up.

If CPAP changes your sleep stages and wakup patterns, you may remember dreams more or less than before.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roxie60,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2014, 02:29 PM)Roxie60 Wrote: This may be stupid question, but does anyone not dream when your CPAP machine is on...dreaming all the time before my Resmed, but none now, seems strange to me!Thinking-about

I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV, but it's my understanding that people generally only remember dreams when they wake up during them. If you're sleeping through the night and waking up when you're supposed to, you probably won't remember having any dreams.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the dreaming thing is variable to each person, and I would not be concerned very much either direction. I'm not sure how long you've been on CPAP, but it could take a while of conditioning before dreams kick in. I dream a lot more now, but in the early stages of cpap I did not. I think I was still struggling with it all and most likely not sleeping very deeply.

I also think the remembering your dream thing varies by person. I remember them very well. Some nice....some not so nice, but I think that's normal also. I wish we could control our dreams. Now wouldn't that be nice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 193 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Vivid Dreams is this normal? Apnope 8 787 05-09-2023, 10:52 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  Where did my dreams go ? DaveCar 7 790 09-10-2022, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Brazen
  OSCAR Help: CPAP Therapy - Still Got 50+ AHI, Night Sweats, Horrific Dreams, Fatigue apegoneinsane 7 893 02-12-2022, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreams Big Guy 10 2,108 01-24-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  What kind of dreams do you have? Rcgop 9 1,156 10-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Does sleep apnea cause nightmares and bad dreams? Does CPAP alleviate that? WWu777 10 2,513 05-25-2020, 05:21 AM
Last Post: WWu777

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.