Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

no longer sure if still apnea-affected or just tired
no longer sure if still apnea-affected or just tired
Hi,

I'm now using a Resmed machine after a month or so with a Dream station. Since I've been diagnosed, I've been through all kinds of shenanigans with malfunctioning rental devices and damaged masks, before the Phillips recall led me to swap machines. The Resmed machine feels far more comfortable and less obtrusive but I'm still waking up with my brain running at half speed and stay in a fog most of the day. I'm at the point now where I'm not sure how much of my tiredness is genuine and how much it's become psychosomatic but I would really appreciate if anyone could identify any potential problems on my Oscar graph from last night. Apologies if I've posted the wrong picture -- I'm still getting the hang of this. Thanks for your help in advance! :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: no longer sure if still apnea-affected or just tired
We can get a much better idea of what's going on if we can see the following:

We only need to see the following graphs:  events, flow rate, pressure (not mask pressure), flow limitations, and leaks.  Include the left sidebar, minus calendar and pie chart.

To set up your OSCAR charts, go to View > Reset Graphs > Standard. That should arrange them in the proper order.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and welcome!

Opal has already guided you on what graphs we really need to see. Even with your AHI being good, that doesn't mean you aren't still having interrupted sleep (even if it's not apnea related). There could be other things going on, too (including other sleep disorders that CPAP won't help).

We can give your chart a good look and see if we can make any suggestions, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to both of you, and apols for printing the wrong info!
I've tried again -- hopefully this screen shot has the salient stuff. I really appreciate your help!
Best,
Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You did a good job on the graph. Smile

It's hard to pick out any one thing that would cause your tiredness.  Any interruption in sleep on a consistent basis will eventually catch up with you.  

Your numbers are good, with some Flow Limitation.  I think there could be some improvement in your settings.

Let move the minimum pressure to 7cm with a maximum setting of 12cm.  Set EPR TO 3.

If you can, turn off the ramp setting. Post again tomorrow.

Going back to being tired...have you had complete blood work done lately? There may be something there you're overlooking.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the area of events with a higher active jagged area on flow limits might be a bit of a problem.

I too would suggest turning off Ramp, and editing pressures up, both min and max. to 7-12. That area of activity in the middle caused Max pressure to peg itself at your limit of 9.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you would do better with the following settings. 

Min7
Max 10
EPR 3

You did go up to your max of 9 and you could go up on the min by 1 or 2 to get a head start on the apnea events while EPR3 will keep your exhale at the same pressure.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much to everyone for those prompt and informative replies.
I had thought that the machine was locked -- the supplier at the clinic told me that he had to adjust it for me, and users weren't allowed to modify settings. If it's possible for me to adjust it myself, I'd certainly be up for that!
Cheers,
Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a CPAP setup manual section in the top banner. Also for the ResMed 10, accessing the clinical menu to change settings is click and hold both Home and Dial in together for 5 seconds. There's the settings...

PS I had to edit as dummy phone edited my words...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow Dave's instructions to access the area to change settings.

Order a Clinicians manual for your machine here:  

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 24 1 hour ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 180 10 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.