Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

no longer sure if still apnea-affected or just tired
RE: no longer sure if still apnea-affected or just tired
(07-08-2021, 11:45 PM)cathyf Wrote: Ok, I'm going to recommend that if you watch the video you consider it what NOT to do.

You want to lie there cute all propped up on those big pillows like a total princess? Sure, just make sure you don't fall asleep that way! You'll have massive positional apnea, events slamming in one after another!

And if you sleep on your back with a nice thin pillow that will allow you to actually breathe, then you've got to turn the hose on the top of your head to the side or the elbow is hard enough that the mattress will push the mask off your face.

And it almost never helps to tighten the straps when you've got leaks. The mask needs to "float" on your face to keep sealed. Usually what's needed is to shift it a bit one direction or another. The way to shift is to pull the mask straight out and then lower it slowly so it goes straight towards your face.

I think the video is for demo and visual purposes.  The video has nothing to do with the literal choice of pillow.

Quote:The way to shift is to pull the mask straight out and then lower it slowly so it goes straight towards your face.
Yep we both agree 

I put on the mask
I find I need to turn the machine on.
Then pull the entire thing out like in the video.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2021, 01:57 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Wearing PAP masks aren't hard really. Even a dog can get it right.

Hey we need to be fair to the cat people...
[Image: 0972d08918e34158ff8cdc339375a0a7--cat-lady-pets.jpg]
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
lots-o-coffee not bad
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 3 69 46 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 243 9 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 70 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,988 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 183 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.