Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

noise when inhaling
What would cause noise when inhaling using respironics system one. I tried two masks and both were the same. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
What was the other mask?

I notice an inhaling noise using the DreamWear mask on Resmed A10 Elite. Different mask, different CPAP machine.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Masks are different. Some you will hear your breathing and some you don't notice at all.

I can hear my inhaling with the DreamWear, but the P10 is silent. Smile

Don't think there is any noise coming from my APAP, but I also run a fan.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Blower motor spin-up; or humidifier not sealed properly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2015, 08:48 AM)papaw Wrote: What would cause noise when inhaling using respironics system one. I tried two masks and both were the same. Thanks

Are you using a flex or Cflex. It creates a 2cm h2o difference between inhale and exhale pressure. And the rotor spools up quickly during inhale, giving you the noise.
Started APAP 4-20, Closed range to 7.5-14, then straight 8.0 w/ Aflex 3
RDI always below 1. But sleep much much better at straight pressure.
Started on F10, Tried Quattro Air successfully. Finally settled on P10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A10 noise JohnnyGobbs 3 83 11 hours ago
Last Post: PollCat
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 50 8,350 04-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Last Post: tonylkc1668
  Modification to Reduce noise in Dreamstation from hose to mask stephennic 16 2,195 04-18-2017, 08:13 PM
Last Post: midgarden
  [CPAP] Whining siren noise and bearing replacement/repair clintga 26 8,254 04-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 noticeable noise hungrycactus 8 1,112 04-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Whitevaliant
  Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise silversnore 8 224 03-28-2017, 01:55 AM
Last Post: PoolQ
  [Diagnosis] Popping Noise clark77494 5 582 01-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred