Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

non recording pulse oximeter
if you want a cheap non-recording pulse oximeter to spot check pulse and o2, go to supplier 19 in our supplier list at the top of this page. click on "on sale now" and go to the bottom of that page for a $20 pulse oximeter. this is the same model as the first pulse oximeter i bought and i paid alot more than $20. it's a good one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting this, Bill... I won't be purchasing one just yet, but I'm sure others will be interested at that price.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Isnt that a bit silly? How are you going to check your O2 when your sleeping? The whole point of an Oxi is to check your O2 while sleeping but if you cant record then how are you going to know? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-01-2012, 05:01 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Isnt that a bit silly? How are you going to check your O2 when your sleeping? The whole point of an Oxi is to check your O2 while sleeping but if you cant record then how are you going to know? Thinking-about

ok, come back to earth a bit. it probably goes against your sleepy thinking, but not all people need or want to record their o2 levels all night. some people like to "spot check" their o2 levels and pulse when they feel a need. this is exactly why i bought my first one, which was this model, before i ever got the notion of recording it overnite.

this little thing that i own does a good job and is accurate because i checked against the doctor's oximeter. this is the cheapest price you're going to find on a good oximeter.

look, i know you said you don't have a good sleep schedule and don't always use your machine, but you don't get a pass to come out of nowhere and call my legitimate post, silly. Annoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2012, 05:01 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Isnt that a bit silly? How are you going to check your O2 when your sleeping? The whole point of an Oxi is to check your O2 while sleeping but if you cant record then how are you going to know? Thinking-about

As an initial part of an appt with several of my docs (not just a sleep doc) the nurse uses such a non-recording oximeter before I even "see the man". If it shows a bad reading, which COPD can cause it to do, it is part of our discussion. Obviously useful for other than recording, at least to my docs.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply

I will make sure to choose my words carefully next time.

Post Reply Post Reply