Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

noob
RE: noob
(06-27-2015, 05:48 AM)AlanE Wrote: Her blog is a good place to start reading: http://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogspot.com/

that has some good info in it but there is one post that tells about understanding the stats and graphs in sleepyhead. I will try to find that one when I get some more time.

For now, I am going back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The other is in the sleepyhead thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion starting at post #2.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
updated profile-i have the escape. the escape must be the model A? wont record what i need to know?

interesting to hear others have the same story of finding help.

after 4 ER visits [ for chest pain and all kinds of symptoms] they decided i had nothing wrong. passed the stress test and then had a dye test. the rest in the hospital evidently got me back on track. i did feel better. and am improving. i took drugs for a tick bite as a just in case. but i feel that was not the problem. it all came back to sleep- or lack of. i have an occasional bout of leg trouble that has not happened when i was hooked up.

i have had a few chin straps. some worked a little. i have one homemade one now that works fair to good. i made a strap to go under the bottom straps of the quatro that keeps it from riding up. some help with the leaks with the bottom strap. i tried hard to keep from over tightening but after a year tight is the only way. and the headstrap had to be modified to get it tight enough.

the other mask with the brace that goes up between my eyess and has a brace against my forehead is easy to get tight -again if very loose it leaks real bad too. last night i wore it all night but did not get a headache like the night before.

i slept all night and only awakened a couple times to roll around or turn over. frequently i am awake from 1 to 3am but not last night. still this morning i could lay down and pass out. i took the mask off at 6 am and went back to sleep for 2 hours. it was a good night and i am still a zombie this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will take you a while to recoup from the exhaustion you have and that obviously caused or contributed to a hospital stay. Stick with it so your body can recover. You most likely have a huge sleep deficit and your organs have probably suffered from it. It takes time to heal just as if you had an injury to a part of your body or you recover from surgery. the worst thing you can do is give up. Have you tried the carefusion chin strap? it is a sturdy one. YOu can look at the product reviews and read others' experience with masks, chin straps and other products.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've found I have always needed software to show you DAILY usage graphs. I can get basic number of hours from the machine but it doesn't tell me how many hours each day or over how long the hours have been counting.
Post Reply Post Reply
this is getting weird. after the sleep study last night, [ which was conducted without a cpap] to get another base line. the tech said 'you dont need a cpap'
i had less than five per hour and that is not enough to qualify.

i had to take a bunch of pills to sleep but 'we got to get data and if you dont sleep we wont get any data' no joke -sherlock. thats what i am trying to tell you. i am thinking i should not have taken any meds.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 134 Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 263 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question [CPAP] Noob - overwhelmed with Oscar Data Lobelia48 9 931 02-08-2023, 03:58 AM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  Total BIPAP noob consolidated thread Morgannon 3 491 01-24-2023, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Morgannon
  Bipap Noob Questions supyasieve 14 1,209 10-19-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: supyasieve
Angry [CPAP] Huge noob here. Really POed at Resmed/DME and could use help now! debhona12 15 1,531 06-01-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot Cool 2 784 02-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Cool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.